website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

52 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

How can third or second be fourth?

They give all first ranked athletes a quota spot (to the country). When it came down to the 1500m some countries had 3 athletes already ranked higher and therefore cannot receive a quota.

Edit: My bad, I just read the document again and it says spots are given to NOCs not athletes... so it appears yours is correct.

Edited by intoronto

On 19.11.2017 at 23:26, intoronto said:

They give all first ranked athletes a quota spot (to the country). When it came down to the 1500m some countries had 3 athletes already ranked higher and therefore cannot receive a quota.

Edit: My bad, I just read the document again and it says spots are given to NOCs not athletes... so it appears yours is correct.

Thanks God, I thought, that four years after my school finishing exams I already forgot the basic rules of maths ;)

• 3 months later...

162557owdvqgvcmq5xqrxc.png

Schedule in local time:

myl7ZgW.png

And as always, (live) results, draws and so on can be found seconds after the races on the official website: http://shorttrack.sportresult.com/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Charles Hamelin :thumbup::champion:

Glad he finally got the last major title that was missing from his resume. He's definitively one of the greats.

I'd say this is a great way to end his career, but he decided to postpone retirement.

Edited by NearPup

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Welcome Hungary to the club of buying athletes.

if i am not wrong in article is mentioned that Hungary is country of his ancestors

but more weird is that in USA such high class athletes have economic problems :yikes: