Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Figure Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

11 minutos atrás, dcro disse:

Yes, obviously. All Swiss speak all those languages. :p Both of her parents are Swiss though.

And she is literally performing once in 4 years apparently, much more seldom than those US gymnasts. Only championships results after Sochi were second to last place at the Four Continents in 2015 and 30th place at Worlds last season...

So, does that mean that speaking (or not speaking) a language does not truly define one's nationality? Oh, I'm surprised. Who would have thought about this?

About the US women, Raisman and Douglas only came back to competition in late 2015, In artistic gymnastics, countries have to qualify for the World Championships immediately before the Olympics. So, this means that both Raisman and Douglas took a long time off and had other girls to work their asses off while they did nothing. Then, magically, they decided to compete again and made the team. The poor girls who worked hard in 2014 got nothing.

At least Williams is doing all her work herself.

• Like 1

dcro    839
7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

So, does that mean that speaking (or not speaking) a language does not truly define one's nationality? Oh, I'm surprised. Who would have thought about this?

I think his name might be Mr. Sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gianlu33    338

Who can help me whit men's/women's/ice dancing quota? :p I haven't idea of who have the new quotas..

hckosice    751
9 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Who can help me whit men's/women's/ice dancing quota? :p I haven't idea of who have the new quotas..

M

:BEL +1

:ITA +1

:MAS +1

:KOR +1

:SWE +1

:UKR +1

W

:AUS +1

:BRA +1

:FIN +1

:SUI +1

Ice Dance

:CZE +2

:GER +2

:GBR +2

:JPN +2

:SVK +2

:KOR +2

• Like 1

Gianlu33    338
5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

M

:BEL +1

:ITA +1

:MAS +1

:KOR +1

W

:AUS +1

:BRA +1

:FIN +1

:SUI +1

Ice Dance

:CZE +2

:GER +2

:GBR +2

:JPN +2

:SVK +2

:KOR +2

Thanks a lot :hatoff: But the koreans quote will be substituite the host country quota? Or it's a plus? :mumble:

hckosice    751
7 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Thanks a lot :hatoff: But the koreans quote will be substituite the host country quota? Or it's a plus? :mumble:

No. They won these quotas regularly in the qualification period, so no Host quotas needed or reallocated in Ice Dance or mens singles

• Like 1

dcro    839

Apparently Majorov will have to reach that 260 pts threshold, which is unlikely. He has to do that because this is his 2nd Olympics. Meanwhile, whichever Swedish girl gets selected will be able to go without extra requirements because she'll be making her Olympic debut.

Unless this decision gets reversed somehow, it will be :PHI that will gain the reallocation.

dcro    839

First GP of the season is in progress...

After Yuzuru Hanyu's free skate around 1000 teddy bears were thrown onto the ice. :p And after he got defeated eventually camera showed some Japanese girls crying in the stands. Come on, it's not the end of the World. :lol:

dcro    839

This was a very bad showing for :ESP Javier Fernandez in Beijing. I'm afraid that Spanish Winter Olympic curse might continue...