website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2017

dareza

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

painful day for Italy...

Fiamingo didn't get any medal after 3 consecutive years on the podium (world champion in 2014 and 2015, Olympic Silver medallist last year)...

her teammates showed once again that they have no talent and can't win anything at this level...

Garozzo suddenly lost his magic touch against an unknown Japanese Kid (Tokyo 2020...we're coming) and had to be happy with bronze, missing his personal "triplete" after the Olympic and the European Gold medals...

Foconi had a very good first experience at world champs, but couldn't get his reward once again against another youngster from Japan (Tokyo 2020...we're coming...in force and charging!)

and Cassarà lost his mind another time when the going gets tough, proving he's not the tough man he thinks he is...

p.s. bad news for the men's sabre team, who lost Aldo Montano for tomorrow's team event because of an ankle injury (he's already back to Italy...young substitute Dario Cavaliere has been called up to take Montano's place for tomorrow)...

on the other side, congrats to the Russian second tier guys, who got both of today's golds when nobody expected them to even pass the early rounds...

and congrats to these Japanese guys, who have been really impressive throughout the whole day and deserved the medals they finally got...

it's not beautiful to be said, but I'm also happy for the American epic fail...a bit more sportsmanship and fair play from (not all, but many of) them would be highly appreciated...

Oh poor Aldo :( I still hope for Russia-Italy final :d 

OMG!!! however, then Italy destroyed France...

and also Japan in the women's foil...

so, 2 teams out of 2 in the semis...the day looks promising...

on the other pistes, USA eliminated Russia in the men's sabre quarters! :yikes:

and Abedini just destroyed Szatmari (new individual world champion) rejuvenating the Iranian team against HUN...now they start the last leg of their match basically tied (actually, really tied at 40 between Pakdaman and Szilagyi)...

Pakdaman kept the scoring tied until 42 each, but then Szilagyi's class came out and HUN won 45-42...

shame that this bout wasn't on 1 of the coloured pistes with video coverage...:facepalm::wall:

so, ITA vs HUN and KOR vs USA are the semis in the men's team sabre...

and Germany finally win a high drama bout against France in the women's foil quarters...

so, we have ITA vs GER and USA vs RUS in the semis...

p.s. all men's and women's semis are scheduled at the same time (2 p.m. CET) on the 4 coloured pistes...really an awful choice...:facepalm::wall:

:(:( That was close, once again. even Belarus almost beat Hungary which could make the life easier for Iran but Hungary survived two close matches.

I think our coach made a mistake in order of the players, Abedini should always play the last match. even though I can't complain about coach Peyman, he built this team from nothing all by himself

OK we are done with this World Championship, we need more luck next time.

Mens sabre ... for Germany ... at home world championships ... unbelievable. What?

This is a disgrace, Hartung should retire right away, i am pretty confident that with me instead of him in the last bout Germany would have advanced to the next round. This absolutely must have been one of the worst performances in the history of fencing and possibly even all of sports.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.