website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2017

dareza

19 minutes ago, lapaj said:

Her club is the UTE (http://www.utevivas.hu/versenysport ), and her coach is her father, Kreiss Gábor ( http://www.utevivas.hu/edzoink ). I don't find any further information about her. No, their name is not Hungarian. It's German but I can't say they have German roots. (Kreiss means nothing in Hungarian. In Hungarian it sounds German too.)

on the FIE biography they wrote that she started fencing at age 7, she did study at Corvinus University in Budapest (now she's a full time athlete) and she speaks German, too...

about her sport results, she was cadet world champion and got a silver and a bronze among the juniors...

among the seniors, instead, she didn't get any particular success...

that's all what I found about Miss Kreiss...:dunno:

meanwhile, coming back to today's competitions I was really impressed by Deriglazova's performance against Errigo...but Volpi almost made me cry with a fantastic comeback...

unfortunately her inexperience (despite being almost 25 years young, this was Alice's first World Championship...and this shows how difficult is to make the Italian team in women's foil) came out on the decisive action in the overtime minute...

on the other hand, exceptional day for Szatmari in the men's sabre...and in the final bout he just did a masterpiece against Gu, where he also meda a great comeback after a slow start...with the big difference that he, unlike Volpi in the women's foil, completed his job and got his well deserved gold medal...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

on the FIE biography they wrote that she started fencing at age 7, she did study at Corvinus University in Budapest (now she's a full time athlete) and she speaks German, too...

about her sport results, she was cadet world champion and got a silver and a bronze among the juniors...

meanwhile, coming back to today's competitions I was really impressed by Deriglazova's performance against Errigo...but Volpi almost made me cry with a fantastic comeback...

unfortunately her inexperience (despite being almost 25 years young, this was Alice's first World Championship...and this shows how difficult is to make the Italian team in women's foil) came out on the decisive action in the overtime minute...

on the other hand, exceptional day for Szatmari in the men's sabre...and in the final bout he just did a masterpiece against Gu, where he also meda a great comeback after a slow start...with the big difference that he, unlike Volpi in the women's foil, completed his job and got his well deserved gold medal...

This is much more what I found on the Hungarian sites! She is currently the most successful competitor of her club, but I found only a picture about her. Thank you! :yes

vor 54 Minuten schrieb lapaj:

Her club is the UTE (http://www.utevivas.hu/versenysport ), and her coach is her father, Kreiss Gábor ( http://www.utevivas.hu/edzoink ). I don't find any further information about her. No, their name is not Hungarian. It's German but I can't say they have German roots. (Kreiss means nothing in Hungarian. In Hungarian it sounds German too.)

Thanks, great work! So she indeed seems to have an interesting background and might have german "roots". I think from now on she will be my favorite fencer, as there are no german fencers that i could support.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb phelps:

Thank you very much, very kind!

I hope that she continues to improve, now that she can focus on the sport. Hungary continues to develop great talents, i dont think that hungarian fencing has much more money than german fencing, but their coaches seem to do a great job.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

what the fu*k is happening in the women's sabre? :yikes:

top seeds out, Japan with 3 girls in the last 16...the world is going upsidedown...

meanwhile in the men's epee we're going to have twice ITA vs FRA in the last 16...it doesn't look promising at all for us today...:(

1 minute ago, phelps said:

what the fu*k is happening in the women's sabre? :yikes:

top seeds out, Japan with 3 girls in the last 16...the world is going upsidedown...

meanwhile in the men's epee we're going to have twice ITA vs FRA in the last 16...it doesn't look promising at all for us today...:(

well post Olympic year. Probably this year is not that important for fencers. We will see in 2018 :d