website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2017

dareza

1 minute ago, dareza said:

Errigo is very very strong :d She is first favorite on this tournament.

sure, with Di Francisca out pregnant...:lol::whistle:

p.s. we also have to say that the Russians do not have the Italian masters and coach anymore...in the long period this would affect them very badly...;)

Just now, phelps said:

sure, with Di Francisca out pregnant...:lol::whistle:

p.s. we also have to say that the Russians do not have the Italian masters and coach anymore...in the long period this would affect them very badly...;)

but where are Shanayeva and Korobeynikova? 

no, idea about Shanaeva...maybe she's pregnant, too...who knows?

Korobeynikova is injured or didn't make the team, I guess (since at the Europeans she was there, so I don't think it's anything else)

p.s. Korobeynikova was Cerioni's favorite...so, it's also possible that she's paying for that...Russian sometimes are not easy to understand in their choices...

Edited by phelps

9 minutes ago, dareza said:

This girl from Poland is biggest surpirse today! No chance against Volpi for her.

not sure about that...Volpi isn't so experienced and historically she doesn't fence well against Polish girls (also among the juniors she always had problems with them), so anything can happen...

meanwhile I really liked Mancini against the Korean (who actually wasn't such a strong contender, anyway)...she needs almost a miracle to beat Deriglazova, but today is a good day at least to try and upset the Russian...

Edited by phelps

very disappointed by Curatoli's attitude (even if I think that 12th and 13th hit for the Korean were turned around by the ref)...

he started well but didn't keep the right consistency throughout the rest of the bout...

once again, no individual medal in the men's sabre for Italy...it's a drought that's keep going for way too long...:facepalm:

imho, the biggest surprise is Ibragimov because he beat Szilagyi, but I didn't expect among the medallists also Anstett and, above all, Szatmari (Kim and Hartung were definitely my favorite in the lower part of the table)...