website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2017

dareza

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Happy for Pakdaman who had a great comeback vs Yakimenko, but really sad for Abedini, he lost a 14-12 lead. :wall::wall:

I was hoping for a medal today but it looks unlikely now with Abedini out. :cry: it's still a long shot for Pakdaman.

well, not so long, maybe...

now he has to face the surprising Argentinian Di Tella (and we can't say he's not the favourite)...

and if he does it, then it's a quarterfinal against France (Apithy or Anstett)...in this case he's not going to be the favourite, but still the 2 Frenchmen are among the less dangerous athletes qualified for the round of 16...

for Italy, shame that Curatoli and Samele have to face each other in the round of 16...I hope that the winner can go straight to the semifinal against Szilagyi (frankly, I don't see anybody beating him once again)...

pity for Montano, but he's no longer the athlete he used to be...I guess it's time to think about something new in his life...

Pakdaman in quarterfinal, now one more match to win a historical medal. :pope:

PS: This is already Iran's best ever result in a World Fencing Champs in individual events (we had a 4th place finish in team event last year)

Edited by MHSN

6 minutes ago, dareza said:

who is this guy from Israel :yikes:

actually he is Ukranian (he competed for his native Country in the youth ranks)...

he was one of the best juniors in the World between 2013 and 2015, so he was quite expected to become a strong contender...

but then he switched to Israeli's team and had quite a difficult transition to the senior level...

now it looks that he's started to improve again...and that's not good news for his opponents...