Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
crovitlaci

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

hckosice    695

Petra Vlhová after yesterdays training. Thankfully she is OK and will continue her preparation.

btw this year she is training Downhill with Switzerland womens speed disciplines ski team, with only goal, the Olympic Alpine Combined event :thumbup:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

hckosice    695
2 hours ago, dcro said:

Any word how long he'll be out?

he will have a plaster on his leg for at least six weeks

hckosice    695

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová injured gravely ligament in her right knee in Argentina and her last careers season is now seriously uncertain and our last medal chance as well :cry:

she stated today, that she is actually flying back home to Europe and will be examined by one top Austrian physiotherapist, and we will know more, for now it´s already sure that she will have to miss the first seasons world cup slaloms in Levi and Killington in November. 

I really hope it will not be so grave and she will have the chance to compete her last careers race and complete her fantastic career in PyeongChang :fingers:

Get well soon Veronika

Gianlu33    299

Very sad news for Zuzulová and Slovakia :cry: How you will do the team event whitout her? 

hckosice    695
3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Very sad news for Zuzulová and Slovakia :cry: How you will do the team event whitout her? 

Well we have enough athletes to compete in the team event, but of course the level will be too different and the eventual medal chance will gone away, but we still don´t know the results of the examinations, the hope dies last, so we still can hope that it´s not too serious, but you know this kind of injuries usually requires surgery and then at least 6 months rehabilitation, so if the worst scenario will be confirmed and she will need surgery her season, last slalom globe attempt, our olympic medal hopes and all her career will be definitely over

• Sad 1

hckosice    695

So here the news about Veronika Velez-Zuzulová.

This Friday She will pass a surgery in Lyon. It will be some super modern surgical procedure, after which she could return to the slopes in 2 months. As she said it´s a risk, but she will fight hard to complete her dream, to win this Olympic medal she is still missing.

Veronika ! what a fighter !!! :yes

here the english translation of her todays statement in her fb

I passed a visit at Dr. Bertrand Sonnery Cottet in Lyon, who also operated my knee last time.

My ligament is ruptured, after a normal surgery I´ll have to take a 6-8 month pause from sport.

However, there one modern procedure, I´ll pass it on Friday, after which I can start skiing in two months. It's a certain risk, but I'm not threatening either my knee or my health, so I'm going to do it. Because I will fight and walk for my dream until the end !