website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

So, in talks with the Spanish Federation, they are still saying that Spain owns a men's spot in each discipline and saying that they are going to send Juan del Campo in giant slalom and Quim Salarich in slalom (both males).

I'm pretty sure Spain only owns a men's quota overall and we can send only one of them but they wont listen, and I'm going crazy.

2 minutes ago, Jur said:

So, in talks with the Spanish Federation, they are still saying that Spain owns a men's spot in each discipline and saying that they are going to send Juan del Campo in giant slalom and Quim Salarich in slalom (both males).

I'm pretty sure Spain only owns a men's quota overall and we can send only one of them but they wont listen, and I'm going crazy.

Well, you are correct, they are wrong. :d

FIS updates qualification tables very regularly, so it's pretty embarrassing for a sport federation to be wrong about that!

#banbestmen

hace 11 minutos, dcro said:

Well, you are correct, they are wrong. :d

FIS updates qualification tables very regularly, so it's pretty embarrassing for a sport federation to be wrong about that!

I've send them links to the FIS page, the oficial qualification pdf translated to spanish and I talked to journalist to talk to them (cause maybe they'll believe more if a serious journalist explain them this rather than me, a random boy); and nothing worked. :facepalm:

Even in the last new they uploaded to their official webpage they are saying that Alex Puente (another boy) has his last chance next week to fullfith internal national criteria and being added to the team in Supergigant..........

Worst part of all is that both Juan and Quim are super nice and likeable boys and it kills me seing both so happy in twitter or instagram posts saying how they are going to the Olympics when I'm 99% sure one of them isn't going...

Understandable, but too bad :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 1/16/2018 at 12:14, dcro said:

Of course we have Ghanian national championships during the final week of Olympic qualification... :p

vISOTNLtQ8mc5gZZV33W-Q.png

RIP national championships :p 

FArB3K0.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

too strong wind, heavy snowing, a total mayhem we have today here in Ghana :( so no surprising by the cancellations

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

You can just see those Ghanaian firemen think like "what the hell, how do we solve this?!". Poor guys :(