website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

Ummm Hi people. I'm coming here for help. Spanish Federation is saying that both Kim Salarich and Juan Del Campo, two male spanish alpine skiers, have qualifiyed to compite at the games amd that both are going to be there. But I'm pretty sure that Spain only have one men's quota. They keep saying that they both are in, cause one is in slalom and the other in Giant. I keep thinking that this is wrong, but guys can you clarify me, please.

27 minutes ago, Jur said:

Ummm Hi people. I'm coming here for help. Spanish Federation is saying that both Kim Salarich and Juan Del Campo, two male spanish alpine skiers, have qualifiyed to compite at the games amd that both are going to be there. But I'm pretty sure that Spain only have one men's quota. They keep saying that they both are in, cause one is in slalom and the other in Giant. I keep thinking that this is wrong, but guys can you clarify me, please.

Spain is not high enough on the additional allocation list to have a chance, so looks like they are planning to trade women's quota for the second men's quota. It was possible to do that in 2014.

I wonder if they'll still allow that though. Because everyone in 2014 traded women for men, and not the other way around. :p

#banbestmen

hace 2 horas, dcro said:

Spain is not high enough on the additional allocation list to have a chance, so looks like they are planning to trade women's quota for the second men's quota. It was possible to do that in 2014.

I wonder if they'll still allow that though. Because everyone in 2014 traded women for men, and not the other way around. :p

Nope, cause they also said that they're waiting for the girls (an even another dude) to fullfith 'national selection criterias' and be added to the team.

Finally there is some news in Indian media about winter sport as Aanchal Thakur has won a medal in some skiing competition (Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup in Erzurum, Turkey). There is a lot of excitement around her and she has gone viral. I want to understand how big is the tournament (Tennis equivalent: Future level or Challenger level or something even lower). 

Link

21 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Finally there is some news in Indian media about winter sport as Aanchal Thakur has won a medal in some skiing competition (Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup in Erzurum, Turkey). There is a lot of excitement around her and she has gone viral. I want to understand how big is the tournament (Tennis equivalent: Future level or Challenger level or something even lower). 

Link

I would say lower than future level in tennis. There were seven other competitors, one from Iran, one from Kosovo and five from Turkey. Two of them didn't finish the first run, three didn't finish the second run, so only three athletes actually had a result. That's including Thakur, who was a massive 21 seconds behind the winner (which is rather much in a sport where 3 seconds is considered an eternity)..

DNT4lhE.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

But then again, a medal is a medal, even if there's only three with a final result :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I would say lower than future level in tennis. There were seven other competitors, one from Iran, one from Kosovo and five from Turkey. Two of them didn't finish the first run, three didn't finish the second run, so only three athletes actually had a result. That's including Thakur, who was a massive 21 seconds behind the winner (which is rather much in a sport where 3 seconds is considered an eternity)..

DNT4lhE.png

As I feared. 

14 hours ago, Dunadan said:

A benign ('good') one, right? Let's hope that's the case and she's recovered soon..