website statistics

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Xander

Well, 15th place and no penalty loops is a pretty okay result for us. The women combined lost 6 minutes and 50 seconds on snow whilst the men combined lost 2 minutes and 20, so you don't need to be a mathematician to know where we need to work on :wacko: Anyways, Linas Banys is a pretty promising youngster, if his shooting doesn't fail him, top 10 is a possibility in individual starts.

Edited by Werloc

2 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Perhaps. But i'd love to see something from the Men's side as well. It can't be Mäkäräinen & Laukkanen always carrying the finnish flag

Well, he is on the men's side, he just needs a couple more years to mature in order to be capable of good performances in the world cup. He is already a regular in IBU cup points, so I'd say something like two to three years for a good transition.

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Well, he is on the men's side, he just needs a couple more years to mature in order to be capable of good performances in the world cup. He is already a regular in IBU cup points, so I'd say something like two to three years for a good transition.

When our male biathletes will become good enough to challenge Top athletes, our media will notice :d