website statistics

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Xander

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think it's just most of the Western Europeans boycotting this since it's held in Russia. Summer Championships used to be a little bit more of a popular affair.

Possibly, or most Western nations just don't wanna make this long travel in the middle of the preparation for the Olympic season. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think Dmitrieva is a big fan of hardrock music.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Xander said:

:RUS Svetlana Sleptsova retired. Tomorrow will be her last competition.

Pretty weird time to retire. With the Russian women's team being fairly weak these couple of seasons, she had a chance to go to the Olympics.

3 минуты назад, Werloc сказал:

Pretty weird time to retire. With the Russian women's team being fairly weak these couple of seasons, she had a chance to go to the Olympics.

All places in their Olympic team are usually distributed (and sometimes not in the fair way) before the Olympic season. She didn't make it so she lost her main motivation.

40 minutes ago, Xander said:

:RUS Svetlana Sleptsova retired. Tomorrow will be her last competition.

Wow, that's some news. 

30 minutes ago, Xander said:

All places in their Olympic team are usually distributed (and sometimes not in the fair way) before the Olympic season. She didn't make it so she lost her main motivation.

"The reason is personal, I'll tell you everything after the pursuit."

https://www.sports.ru/biathlon/1055068821.html

My money is on pregnancy :p 

3 часа назад, heywoodu сказал:

"The reason is personal, I'll tell you everything after the pursuit."

https://www.sports.ru/biathlon/1055068821.html

My money is on pregnancy :p 

She said: "it was a pressure that I didn't make it to the main team. I would have had another round of numerous qualifications in order to get to the Olympics. Yes, I would qualify but I'm not made of iron".

I also suspect pregnancy but it was all planned obviously.