website statistics

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Xander

48 minutes ago, Xander said:

Russian officials wanted to spoil Vita Semerenko's doping test and blame her in a doping offense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/sports/olympics/russian-doping.html

They wanted to commit this crime at the 2013 Race of Champions in Moscow. Unlike at the World Cup the doping procedure wasn't anonymous there. They saw her name and they had a full access to her test.

Like it wasn't enough Olga Vilukhina stole her silver in Sochi.

It's almost midnight in Ostersund but some people in our federation are already shocked & speechless.

Absolutely despicable.

Knowing this, it’s far more likely they’ll be banned, I think. 

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

Absolutely despicable.

Knowing this, it’s far more likely they’ll be banned, I think. 

Still only the words of Rodchenkov.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Do you think the IOC will take his word?

I guess so, but not sure if that's good. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I guess so, but not sure if that's good. 

I’m not too sure what to think of him. But I know the Russians were quite desperate to win in that season. So I wouldn’t necessarily put it past them. Surely some of the proof can be established 100%?

15 часов назад, heywoodu сказал:

Still only the words of Rodchenkov.. 

The previous words of Rodchenkov have been already proven by Oswald & Schmid commissions so these words sound persuasive enough. If I understood right he's got hand-written notes from the officials which he handed to journalists.

The president of Ukrainian biathlon federation said that it was a true shock for them. He understands the reason behind all of that. A LOT of money were spent on the Olympics, they craved for medals no matter what. He said that he doesn't believe that the president of Russian biathlon federation was involved or their exec director but he believes that it could be done by Russian officials from the ministry & infamous Moscow laboratory.

He also hinted that our biathletes will not visit any competitions in Russia.

Edited by Xander

39 minutes ago, Xander said:

He also hinted that our biathletes will not visit any competitions in Russia.

Oh no

:p 

11 minutes ago, Xander said:

Kuzmina gave an interview to our federation's site and she said that she might stay after the Olympic season.

http://biathlon.com.ua/comments.php?lang=ukr&id=8100

Google translates it like she said the opposite (that she'll most likely stop after this season).

For me this season, in all probability, will be the last. I will finish after the Olympic Games, or maybe some time in the relay I will help the girls.

:p