Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
dcro

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

ahjfcshfghb    54

Yep quota list is all wrong Lithuania has an extra male quota as well. It's strange. But yet it doesn't actually say in the rules anywhere that the extra athlete has to have below 100? Does it?

dcro    782
5 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yep quota list is all wrong Lithuania has an extra male quota as well. It's strange. But yet it doesn't actually say in the rules anywhere that the extra athlete has to have below 100? Does it?

Lithuanian second quota is correct. They have Vaicius in top 300 of sprint (and 3 athletes overall with A standard). I think it's the case of what they meant, and not necessarily what they exactly said in the qualification system. It's like swimming where mixing A and B athletes is a big no.

For example, I remember in 2014 we had a girl just making the sprint top 300 and we weren't given the extra quota. Bulgaria also had one girl just making it, but they were given the extra quota. The only difference between CRO and BUL was that BUL had 2 athletes with A standard, while CRO had 1.

ahjfcshfghb    54
4 hours ago, dcro said:

Lithuanian second quota is correct. They have Vaicius in top 300 of sprint (and 3 athletes overall with A standard). I think it's the case of what they meant, and not necessarily what they exactly said in the qualification system. It's like swimming where mixing A and B athletes is a big no.

For example, I remember in 2014 we had a girl just making the sprint top 300 and we weren't given the extra quota. Bulgaria also had one girl just making it, but they were given the extra quota. The only difference between CRO and BUL was that BUL had 2 athletes with A standard, while CRO had 1.

Right, that makes sense. Cheers. I didn't really factor sprints into this.

heywoodu    959

Alright, 5k free today in Termas, athletes are on their way to the track as we speak. No Jaque Mourão, but Claudia Salcedo of Chile will compete today and so will Maria Cecilia Dominguez of Argentina, to decide who will be the South American distance champion :) 

My money is on Bruna, no doubt. No injuries, no illness, in good spirits (which is more important for her than the physical condition), time to show who's the best.

Edited by heywoodu

heywoodu    959

Oh and young Rhaick is impressing more and more every time he competes :bowdown:

It's already several years ago since the Brazilian coach, Leandro Ribela, told me that Rhaick would be competing on a level never before seen for a Brazilian (or maybe even a South American) and so far he's still well on his way to make that a reality.

0ac0092ecc.png

Small detail: Thomaz Moraes is a young Paralympic athlete, he only skis with one pole if I'm not mistaken, and he keeps getting closer and closer to the regular skiers in Brazil. This dude is impressive (and won a medal at the recent Junior World Para-Athletics Championships in Switzerland).

Edited by heywoodu

heywoodu    959

Don't know yet what happened (they're not back to their rooms yet, so no WiFi for now), but damn... 

6a12e78fc0.png

dcro    782

Salcedo has ensured Olympic qualification for Chile, on the plus side.

heywoodu    959
8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Salcedo has ensured Olympic qualification for Chile, on the plus side.

Didn't she already do that with 220, 213 and 253 points last season?

dcro    782
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Didn't she already do that with 220, 213 and 253 points last season?

Apparently not. You need the average of best 5 placings to be under 300.

heywoodu    959
4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Apparently not. You need the average of best 5 placings to be under 300.

Right. 37 and finally making her Olympic debut then.

• Like 2

Gianlu33    302

Very strange qualification system.. impossible to follow whitout read all rules :p 

Edited by Gianlu33
  • Like 1

heywoodu    959

Apparently today was a bad case of having a shit day in terms of technique, which just did not work, at all. Too bad, but Sunday in the sprint the technique was almost better than ever, so it's nothing too worrying, just a bad day like every athlete sometimes has a bad day.