Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


dcro

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

heywoodu    2,238
43 minutes ago, Agger said:

 

Stopping the automatic timing and using handtiming. From what I understand, the handtiming purposely made the time differences smaller.

Reading this article, I only see this timing issue about the race in Turkey, which was proven because it was recorded on camera by mobile phone. But nothing about Bogota? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    282
11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Reading this article, I only see this timing issue about the race in Turkey, which was proven because it was recorded on camera by mobile phone. But nothing about Bogota? 

 

you're right. But they do state that the Bogota results shouldn't have been counted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,238
1 minute ago, Agger said:

 

you're right. But they do state that the Bogota results shouldn't have been counted.

But I see no reason for that being mentioned, other than just 7 people being there (which has nothing to do with cheating, but with FIS having shitty rules). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    282
Just now, heywoodu said:

But I see no reason for that being mentioned, other than just 7 people being there (which has nothing to do with cheating, but with FIS having shitty rules). 

 

The way I understand it, they suspect that the same happened in Bogota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,238
4 minutes ago, Agger said:

 

The way I understand it, they suspect that the same happened in Bogota

In Bogota they did actually finish close to each other, unlike what apparently happened in Turkey according to the video of the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    1,986
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In Bogota they did actually finish close to each other, unlike what apparently happened in Turkey according to the video of the race.

 

What video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,238
1 minute ago, dcro said:

 

What video?

The video that's mentioned in the links. The way I understood it (for the race in Turkey):

 

- Timing was changed from automatic to manual

- Results (manually timed) showed a relatively close race

- Someone had recorded the race (or at least the finish) on their mobile phone and that video showed that the result was very much not as close as the official result suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    1,986
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The video that's mentioned in the links. The way I understood it (for the race in Turkey):

 

- Timing was changed from automatic to manual

- Results (manually timed) showed a relatively close race

- Someone had recorded the race (or at least the finish) on their mobile phone and that video showed that the result was very much not as close as the official result suggested.

 

Turkish races were all interval starts, so it's somehow excepted that the finishes would not be close in that respect. :d

 

In any case, for Bogota there seems to be no proof whatsoever. It's the FIS points system that made such results possible. I mean, if Kalla, Bjoergen, Parmakoski and Diggins wanted to, they could have literally raced at 0,1% of their abilities and thus allowed a random Tuvaluan girl to qualify for the Olympics...

 

FIS points system assumes that everyone always gives 100%. :p

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunadan    90
15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In Bogota they did actually finish close to each other

How do you know, is there a video of Bogotà?

Surely there must be something that led to say that:

Quote

"There has been a scam in Bogota" concluded Karl-Heinz Likert,the routine German chairman of the Sports Rule Committee at the International Ski Federation (FIS) Congress

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,238
1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

How do you know, is there a video of Bogotà?

Because I was told by someone (involved around this) who I know 100% to be talking the truth in this matter.

 

What other things Likert is talking about I would not know, but it's not about results being incorrect (as in, smaller differences being noted than the results were in reality).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,238

There is evidence (videos on a phone) that the Bogota races finished in the way the results showed, so if FIS is gonna ask about that specific part, there's no problem there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
intoronto    293
1 hour ago, dcro said:

 

Turkish races were all interval starts, so it's somehow excepted that the finishes would not be close in that respect. :d

 

In any case, for Bogota there seems to be no proof whatsoever. It's the FIS points system that made such results possible. I mean, if Kalla, Bjoergen, Parmakoski and Diggins wanted to, they could have literally raced at 0,1% of their abilities and thus allowed a random Tuvaluan girl to qualify for the Olympics...

 

FIS points system assumes that everyone always gives 100%. :p

That will be Totallympics 2022 project lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×