website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

1 minute ago, dcro said:

@ahjfcshfghb What's going to be next for Rai? I see now that :LTU Ignalina races were also cancelled. :facepalm:

Bosnia? Or maybe Poland before?

Poland kinda sounds like a waste of energy...doesn't it? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Poland kinda sounds like a waste of energy...doesn't it? 

Not sure. She did pretty well at :SVK Strbske Pleso (which was Slavic Cup race). Poland is just a general FIS race so I suppose it might be easier than SC.

Even without Poland there seem to be enough races left... Two freestyles in :BIH, two in :LBN, and then probably two more in :SRB (or 1 :SRB + 1 :ISL).

That :LBN is pretty risky though for the women's races.

#banbestmen

I'd go for Bosnia all the way and then see what else might be needed. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I'd go for Bosnia all the way and then see what else might be needed. 

That sound alright. There is a good news for Rai as :CRO Ravna Gora's freestyle sprint was changed to 2.5km free. So she may as well have all of the remaining races in these parts. :d

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

That sound alright. There is a good news for Rai as :CRO Ravna Gora's freestyle sprint was changed to 2.5km free. So she may as well have all of the remaining races in these parts. :d

Gotta love those times when a 2.5km race counts for distance points :d 

Miriam Neureuther (Gössner) will quit biathlon and focus only on cross-country from now on. "I've never been the best shooter and nowadays you basically need to shoot clean...especially being a mom, I simply don't have the time that I need to improve my shooting, but I still have a lot of fun skiing, so I'm going to focus on that."

The newest quota simulation is out. Interesting, Croatia (and Latvia, perhaps some more) are back to having 2 female quotas despite each having only one female athlete with A standard. :mumble:

I think it's actually quite possible that someone complained and said that qualification system does not actually say that you NEED 2 A athletes to get 2 quotas in one gender.

Also Iceland now has 2 male athletes, only one of which got the A standard. I'm pretty sure that's what happened!

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen