website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

On 1/1/2018 at 13:43, Quasit said:

Not liking the TdS results so far but okay for now, given the OG are most important.

What's so bad about Cologna? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Amazing 130 FIS points for Juan Agurto (Chile) yesterday in Turkey! If I heard so correctly, Chile will choose their athlete based on who has the single best result, not on who has the best average. Yonathan Fernandez has a much better average, but his best so far is a 132 (and he didn't finish yesterday), so this might be fantastic for Juan. Still nothing is sure, so I'm not celebrating too early yet, let's see how he does tomorrow.

Claudia Salcedo had 156 points (if I'm not mistaken), which means she only needs a half-decent result in Turkey's last race tomorrow to get her average back under 300 and qualify for Pyeongchang, vamos Claudia :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

What's so bad about Cologna? 

Nothing, but Norway and Sweden are not performing well. Mainly on the men's side. Also expected more from Musgrave. :p

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Just now, Quasit said:

Nothing, but Norway and Sweden are not performing well. Mainly on the men's side. Also expected more from Musgrave. :p

Tomorrow's another sprint, who knows what he can do there :p (although it's classic instead of free)

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Claudia Salcedo had 156 points (if I'm not mistaken), which means she only needs a half-decent result in Turkey's last race tomorrow to get her average back under 300 and qualify for Pyeongchang, vamos Claudia :cheer:

She is already qualified (has <300 at Olympic points list). :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

She is already qualified (has <300 at Olympic points list). :p

Oh I thought the list at xx January counted :yikes:

Well then she was right after all, when she said she was qualified. Good thing I wished her good luck then :d

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh I thought the list at xx January counted :yikes:

Well then she was right after all, when she said she was qualified. Good thing I wished her good luck then :d

It's Olympic list, so yeah, every result since summer 2016 counts. :d

#banbestmen

:TGA Pita smashed his non-Bogota PB today, but still came ~30 points short.

His average is now 306.10. Maybe he'll get invited if he goes under 305 (it would only be fair after the same thing was done for :VEN and :RSA skiers in 2014...).

:NEP Rai 321 today. :(

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

157 for Yonathan, which should mean Juan is still in pole position for Chile's Olympic ticket...hopefully it remains that way and they're not gonna change the rules last-minute or something. 

Meanwhile Lutz doesn't get under 200, too bad for him, but good news for Victor Santos :)