website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

1 minute ago, dcro said:

What video?

The video that's mentioned in the links. The way I understood it (for the race in Turkey):

- Timing was changed from automatic to manual

- Results (manually timed) showed a relatively close race

- Someone had recorded the race (or at least the finish) on their mobile phone and that video showed that the result was very much not as close as the official result suggested.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The video that's mentioned in the links. The way I understood it (for the race in Turkey):

- Timing was changed from automatic to manual

- Results (manually timed) showed a relatively close race

- Someone had recorded the race (or at least the finish) on their mobile phone and that video showed that the result was very much not as close as the official result suggested.

Turkish races were all interval starts, so it's somehow excepted that the finishes would not be close in that respect. :d

In any case, for Bogota there seems to be no proof whatsoever. It's the FIS points system that made such results possible. I mean, if Kalla, Bjoergen, Parmakoski and Diggins wanted to, they could have literally raced at 0,1% of their abilities and thus allowed a random Tuvaluan girl to qualify for the Olympics...

FIS points system assumes that everyone always gives 100%. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In Bogota they did actually finish close to each other

How do you know, is there a video of Bogotà?

Surely there must be something that led to say that:

"There has been a scam in Bogota" concluded Karl-Heinz Likert,the routine German chairman of the Sports Rule Committee at the International Ski Federation (FIS) Congress

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

How do you know, is there a video of Bogotà?

Because I was told by someone (involved around this) who I know 100% to be talking the truth in this matter.

What other things Likert is talking about I would not know, but it's not about results being incorrect (as in, smaller differences being noted than the results were in reality).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There is evidence (videos on a phone) that the Bogota races finished in the way the results showed, so if FIS is gonna ask about that specific part, there's no problem there.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Turkish races were all interval starts, so it's somehow excepted that the finishes would not be close in that respect. :d

In any case, for Bogota there seems to be no proof whatsoever. It's the FIS points system that made such results possible. I mean, if Kalla, Bjoergen, Parmakoski and Diggins wanted to, they could have literally raced at 0,1% of their abilities and thus allowed a random Tuvaluan girl to qualify for the Olympics...

FIS points system assumes that everyone always gives 100%. :p

That will be Totallympics 2022 project lol

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Magnus Kim will represent Norway from now on

http://www.ocasia.org/News/IndexNewsRM.aspx?WKegervtea2/m4hGWqSGeA==

Sounds smart. Going from a country where he has no chance of representing their national team to move to a country where it's way easier to get into the national team. Oh wait. 

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sounds smart. Going from a country where he has no chance of representing their national team to move to a country where it's way easier to get into the national team. Oh wait. 

I don’t get why he couldn’t just train in Norway, maybe with the team but compete for Korea? That’s what Andrew Musgrave and the GB team do for some of the year and I’m sure many other teams do as well!