website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

On 1/4/2018 at 11:51, heywoodu said:

Miriam Neureuther (Gössner) will quit biathlon and focus only on cross-country from now on. "I've never been the best shooter and nowadays you basically need to shoot clean...especially being a mom, I simply don't have the time that I need to improve my shooting, but I still have a lot of fun skiing, so I'm going to focus on that."

Does this mean that I'll have to find the time to watch cross-country skiing again? :( Also, I miss the legendary Miri days.

On 2/1/2018 at 15:38, heywoodu said:

Amazing 130 FIS points for Juan Agurto (Chile) yesterday in Turkey! If I heard so correctly, Chile will choose their athlete based on who has the single best result, not on who has the best average. Yonathan Fernandez has a much better average, but his best so far is a 132 (and he didn't finish yesterday), so this might be fantastic for Juan. Still nothing is sure, so I'm not celebrating too early yet, let's see how he does tomorrow.

Claudia Salcedo had 156 points (if I'm not mistaken), which means she only needs a half-decent result in Turkey's last race tomorrow to get her average back under 300 and qualify for Pyeongchang, vamos Claudia :cheer:

Hello.Check this information... 

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/01307e_06fd4487ed604d92a008d43acac52ad8.doc?dn=2016-07-31_Criterios_de_Selección_Olimpíadas_Pyeochang.doc

Chilean Qualification Criteria: 

D)   "If there is more than one athlete that meets these criteria the selection would then be based on the athletes ranking or the one that has the least points in the corresponding discipline." 

E) "The oficial Information for points will be the “olympic fis points” list to be published on January 22nd 2018."

This is the real information of the Chilean criteria, do not speculate information please. 

IMG_20180107_201153.png

10 minutes ago, Jesús said:

Hello.Check this information... 

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/01307e_06fd4487ed604d92a008d43acac52ad8.doc?dn=2016-07-31_Criterios_de_Selección_Olimpíadas_Pyeochang.doc

Chilean Qualification Criteria: 

D)   "If there is more than one athlete that meets these criteria the selection would then be based on the athletes ranking or the one that has the least points in the corresponding discipline." 

E) "The oficial Information for points will be the “olympic fis points” list to be published on January 22nd 2018."

This is the real information of the Chilean criteria, do not speculate information please. 

IMG_20180107_201153.png

I am not speculating, just saying what I heard from athletes when we were talking about qualifying for the Olympics :)

Thanks though, I still really hope Juan gets it :)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am not speculating, just saying what I heard from athletes when we were talking about qualifying for the Olympics :)

Thanks though, I still really hope Juan gets it :)

Funny, what are the odds that this Jesus isn't Yonathan Jesus Fernandez?

Makes your cheering for his direct opponent weird, doesn't it. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Funny, what are the odds that this Jesus isn't Yonathan Jesus Fernandez?

Makes your cheering for his direct opponent weird, doesn't it. :p

No it doesn't :d 

I know Juan personally and found him to be a very nice and friendly guy. I'm sure Yonathan is a nice guy and very hard working athlete who deserves a place too, but since I don't know him personally and the 'fight' is between them, I'm cheering for the person I actually met (and who made sure I had dinner and breakfast) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 2/1/2018 at 15:38, heywoodu said:

Amazing 130 FIS points for Juan Agurto (Chile) yesterday in Turkey! If I heard so correctly, Chile will choose their athlete based on who has the single best result, not on who has the best average. Yonathan Fernandez has a much better average, but his best so far is a 132 (and he didn't finish yesterday), so this might be fantastic for Juan. Still nothing is sure, so I'm not celebrating too early yet, let's see how he does tomorrow.

Claudia Salcedo had 156 points (if I'm not mistaken), which means she only needs a half-decent result in Turkey's last race tomorrow to get her average back under 300 and qualify for Pyeongchang, vamos Claudia :cheer:

Just attach "the real information" of who will take the Chilean Olympic quota based on the Chilean classification criteria imposed by the ski federation. May the best one win here from the official Olympic list published soon on January 22!

Important Letter "D and E" 

Lithuania qualified three cross-country skiers to the Olympics.

It's Modestas Vaičiulis, he's a sprinter, honestly our best chance to not be last

The second one is Tautvydas Strolia and you might recognise this name as his brother Vytautas Strolia is a biathlete.

The third one is Marija Kaznačenko, a girl that was depressed about her biathlon results and thought that she would never qualify to the Olympics so she took the easy way out to become a cc skier in order to qualify with no competition what so ever.