website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

Slight improvement, but still far away from qualification for Project Bogota. :(:LBN Tawk was also disappointingly bad (over 400, while in Western Europe he managed <400). At least :PAK Human (yes, that's his name) scored 200 FIS points. He should qualify after the next race.

At this point I doubt Pita/Uprimny/Madrazo could qualify at any non-Bogota race. They needed almost an hour for 15km. :dunno: Maybe some chance for Madrazo in a classic race, as he is better there than in freestyle (very unusual for exotic nation skier).

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Slight improvement, but still far away from qualification for Project Bogota. :(:LBN Tawk was also disappointingly bad (over 400, while in Western Europe he managed <400). At least :PAK Human (yes, that's his name) scored 200 FIS points. He should qualify after the next race.

At this point I doubt Pita/Uprimny/Madrazo could qualify at any non-Bogota race. They needed almost an hour for 15km. :dunno: Maybe some chance for Madrazo in a classic race, as he is better there than in freestyle (very unusual for exotic nation skier).

How long will it take to organize the Tongan national roller skiing championship (with guest competitors of course) in somewhere like Bermuda?

That's how Vanessa-Mae qualified for Sochi - by organising her own Thai National Championships.

Just wanted to check on Pita's points

Average 323?

Needs to drop 23?

Edited by Dragon
added

17 minutes ago, Dragon said:

How long will it take to organize the Tongan national roller skiing championship (with guest competitors of course) in somewhere like Bermuda?

That's how Vanessa-Mae qualified for Sochi - by organising her own Thai National Championships.

Just wanted to check on Pita's points

Average 323?

Needs to drop 23?

I wouldn't know about that. Maybe @ahjfcshfghb knows more? But then again, I wouldn't really use Vanessa-Mae as a role model when it comes to the Olympic qualifiction. :p

He needs one more result of 419 or better to put AVG under 300. Effectively that meant he needed to be about 4-5 minutes faster today...

#banbestmen

8 hours ago, dcro said:

I wouldn't know about that. Maybe @ahjfcshfghb knows more? But then again, I wouldn't really use Vanessa-Mae as a role model when it comes to the Olympic qualifiction. :p

He needs one more result of 419 or better to put AVG under 300. Effectively that meant he needed to be about 4-5 minutes faster today...

Well I asked Bogota and they said they’d had it planned since last season. I’m honestly not sure if you can do it just like that! 

14 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Well I asked Bogota and they said they’d had it planned since last season. I’m honestly not sure if you can do it just like that! 

I'm not sure if it's good to write that on a public forum where FIS might go when searching thoroughly :lol: (and yes, I heard the same thing a while back)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not sure if it's good to write that on a public forum where FIS might go when searching thoroughly :lol: (and yes, I heard the same thing a while back)

Well, it's all within the rules (not bribing stewards like some other skiers may have done). :whistle:

#banbestmen

Very successful post-Christmas race in Erzurum! Except for Pita and Madrazo.

:COL Uprimny (aka Iron Man) scored 418.21 pts, enough to qualify for Pyeongchang. :cheer:  :PAK Human also officially qualified by scoring well below 200. :bounce: Even :LBN Tawk nailed it today, less than 200 FIS points too!

#banbestmen