website statistics

Ice Hockey 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

phelps

11 ore fa, phelps ha scritto:

OT also in Zurich...the situation is getting hot...

and finally, after 14 minutes and 13 seconds of OT, Zurich wins it and extend their lead in the final series to 3 games to 1...

game #5 is scheduled for Saturday night in Lugano...

The prestigious Euro Hockey Tour continue this weekend with it´s 3rd stage, this time the European top 4 met in the Czech Republic for the traditional Carlson (Czech) Hockey Games.

In todays traditional 4 teams Round-Robin opening matches

Russia lost to Sweden 1-2 (Match played in the Arena 2000 in Yaroslavl, Russia)

and the tournaments host Czech Republic defeated Finland 3-1

Carlson Hockey Games Provisional Standing After Day 1:

1. Czech Republic 3 pts, 2. Sweden 3 pts, 3. Russia 0 pts, 4. Finland 0 pts.

EURO HOCKEY TOUR 2017/18 Cumulative Standing:

1. Russia 9 pts, 2. Czech Republic 8 pts, 3. Finland 7 pts, 4. Sweden 6 pts.

Bozen is leading 0-2 in the final game, thanks @phelps for mentioning the free YouTube stream, I've tuned in now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Dávid Bondra scored today his first goal in National team in front of his father Peter Bondra in the stands, the kid has clearly inherited some skills from his dad, but still a long way for him to equal his father scoring the winning goal of the world championships final :p

Link of the goal

19 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Bozen is leading 0-2 in the final game, thanks @phelps for mentioning the free YouTube stream, I've tuned in now :d 

and finally they did it again...

like in 2014, HCB won the decisive game on the road...and this time they didn't even need the OT (though, Salzburg got really close to a great comeback in the last 5 minutes and almost sent the match to OT)...

unfortunately for them, they came up just short...

however, HCB really deserved the win, they did a real masterpiece throughout the entire playoff run, which they enetered in the very last game of the RS as the 8th and last seeded team and then they defeated against the odds the best 3 teams of the RS (Klagenfurt, Vienna Capitals and eventually Red Bull Salzburg)...

game #7 itself was a tactical lesson, with great and very tight defence and quick counters that proved lethal for the Austrians...

then in the 3rd period they did sit back too mauch, in my opinion...and allowed Salzburg to close the gap in the last 5 mins...luckily HCB had the great Pekka Tuokkola in the net...and the EBEL title is back South of the Border once again...

in the other leagues, AK Bars Kazan won game #4 of the Gagarin Cup Finals in Moscow by a score of 3-1 and so now they also lead the series with the same score...therefore tomorrow in Kazan they have a great chance to upset the powerhouse from the Nation's Capital and win a really surprising title; Kometa Brno (Czech Extraliga) have increased their lead over Ocelari Trinec to 3-1 (5-2 the score in favor of Kometa in game #4); in Slovakia, Banskà Bystrica missed another chance to close the series over Dukla Trencin, losing game #5 in Trencin by a score of 6-0; Växjö Lakers (SHL) have destroyed also on the road (4-0) their rivals from Skellefteå and now lead 2-0 in the final series; Kärpät Oulu (Finnish Liiga) also have taken a 2-0 lead in that final series after they beat 4-2 Tappara Tampere in their nest in game #2 and Red Bull Munich (German DEL) have got closer to take home at least 1 title for the (in)famous drink factory by winning 4-2 in Berlin in game #4 and thus taking a 3-1 lead in the series...

Today, Zurich could reach the title in Switzerland (they lead the final series 3-1 and they play game #5 on the road, in Lugano), meanwhile the final series continue in Sweden and Finland, with their respective game #3...

Edited by phelps
fixed my mistake about the Slovak League

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

in Slovakia, Banskà Bystrica missed another chance to close the series over Dukla Trencin, losing game #5 at home by a score of 6-0;

The 5th match was played in Trenčín, as Dukla was the highest ranked after the Regular season, the 6th game is scheduled in Banská Bystrica tomorrow.

btw yesterdays game had one amazing moment when the ultras from both teams joined together at the 38th minute to pay tribute to Pavol Demitra (the guy who unite Slovakia) :bowdown:https://tivi.cas.sk/video/2516455/

8 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

The 5th match was played in Trenčín, as Dukla was the highest ranked after the Regular season, the 6th game is scheduled in Banská Bystrica tomorrow.

btw yesterdays game had one amazing moment when the ultras from both teams joined together at the 38th minute to pay tribute to Pavol Demitra (the guy who unite Slovakia) :bowdown:https://tivi.cas.sk/video/2516455/

yes, you're right...my mistake (unfortunately I was lost between KHL and EBEL finals, so I didn't watch that game and I misread the scoring line on the website)...:facepalm::redcard::spank:

meanwhile right now I'm in between the SHL on ArenaSport1 (why don't they put this channel -and his "brother" AS2, which I can't understand why it's not on the skylink platform, when the #1 is there since ages- in HD like all the others? it's almost unwatchable on my brand new 4K TV...:facepalm::wall:) and the Czech Hockey Games on CT Sport HD...:d

Edited by phelps

The Carlson (Czech) Hockey Games, 3rd stage of the Euro Hockey Tour 2017/18 continued today with another two games

The tournaments host Czech Republic defeated Sweden 3-1

and Russia lost to Finland 1-2.

Carlson Hockey Games Provisional Standing After Day 2:

1. Czech Republic 6 pts, 2. ex aequo Finland and Sweden 3 pts, 4. Russia 0 pts.

*Czech Republic is already the assured winner of the Czech Hockey Games and Russia will finish last 4th of this tournament.

EURO HOCKEY TOUR 2017/18 Cumulative Standing:

1. Czech Republic 11 pts, 2. Finland 10 pts, 3. Russia 9 pts, 4. Sweden 6 pts.

Yesterday, Lugano shortened the distance in the Swiss NLA Finals by winning game #5 at home with a stunning 4-0, dominating this match from start to finish. Zurich now lead the series "only" 3-2, but they will have the big chance to close the quest for the title at home on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile, in the SHL and in the Finnish Liiga we're heading towards a very quick ending of their respective Finals. Växjö Lakers HC (SHL) and Kärpät Oulu (Liiga), infact, won again in game #3 against Skellefteå (4-1) and Tappara (2-1 OT) respectively and now lead their series both by 3-0. Today (SHL) and Tomorrow (Liiga) it could already be all over after game #4 in both leagues.

Today there are also a lot of other games of the final series in many Countries, like Germany (game #5 between Berlin and Munich, with the Bavarians leading 3-1), Czech Republic (game #5 between Brno and Trinec, with Kometa leading 3-1), Slovakia (game #6 between Banskà Bystrica and Dukla Trencin, with the firsts leading 3-2) and the KHL (game #5 between AK Bars Kazan and CSKA Moscow, with the team from Tatarstan leading 3-1)...

Edited by phelps