website statistics

Ice Hockey IIHF World Championships 2017

hckošice

28 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

sure, it`s getting better, thx for nice words but still we can`t even think of close match with Slovakia. Woman`s event is a mystery also for me apart from Italy, they seem to be quite good, China keeps some decent level for years but they dropped a bit like Slovakia, i have no idea what to expect from Latvia and Kazakhstan

oh, trust me, you can :d we are far far far away to be some unbeatable gods, it´s really the opposite we are perfectly beatable..and not only SVK. the ice hockey level between the first 2 divisions became extremely balanced during last years, you can see it during last years WCH tournaments, and you´ll see it next month. the results are more and more close, many matches end by overtime. It´s definitely not the hockey we knew before :d

Yes, well I´m not a absolute expert in womens hockey, but yes, on paper China vs Slovakia should be the game for promotion, but again ..on paper :d we speak about womens hockeyt so it should be perfectly also the game for relegation :d Italy, Latvia and Kazakhstan all showed some good quality during the olympic qualification so we definitely don´t have to underestimate them. I really don´t know. it looks to be a very balanced and exciting tournament. we´ll see.

Anyway good luck to our teams :cheer:

btw the livestreams will be here

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEN'S

DIVISION II GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

wGPMRySfLVtOQAAACV0RVh0ZGF0ZTpjcmVhdGUAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 3

Belgium BEL.gif 2 - 9 SRB.gif Serbia
Period-by-Period: 1-2, 0-2, 1-5
April 6th 2017, h. 13:00, Arena Galati, Galati

Spain ESP.gif 3 - 5 AUS.gif Australia
Period-by-Period: 1-2, 0-1, 2-2
April 6th 2017, h. 16:30, Arena Galati, Galati

Romania ROU.gif 0 - 2 ISL.gif Iceland
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 0-1, 0-1
April 6th 2017, h. 20:00, Arena Galati, Galati

Round-Robin Provisional Standing After Day 3

Nation
P
W(OTW)
L(OTL)
GF
GA
+/-
Pt.
AUS.gif Australia
3(1)
0(0)
+4
ISL.gif Iceland
2(0)
1(0)
+2
ROU.gif Romania
2(0)
1(0)
+9
SRB.gif Serbia
1(0)
2(1)
+3
BEL.gif Belgium
1(0)
2(0)
ESP.gif Spain
0(0)
3(0)

WOMEN'S

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

A6lD3nHfABMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relegation Round - Match 2

Czech Republic - Switzerland  2-3 After OT

Serie Standing 1-1

_D4S3488.jpg?height=550&width=750

_DSC2778.jpg?height=550&width=750

_D4S4216.jpg?height=550&width=750

_D4S4699.jpg?height=550&width=750

_DSC2885.jpg?height=550&width=750

WOMEN'S

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Relegation Round - Match 2

Czech Republic - Switzerland  2-3 After OT

Serie Standing 1-1

Meier keeps Swiss alive

OT slapper saves the day, beat Czechs, 3-2

_D4S3960_Channel%20Homepage%20Slider.jpg

Defenceman Christine Meier fired a high shot over the shoulder of Klara Peslarova to give Switzerland a 3-2 win over the Czech Republic at 4:26 of overtime.

"I saw a bit of an opening, but I just wanted to get the puck on goal," Meier said. "Our forwards were getting tired, so I just wanted to shoot. It went in, so I'm pretty happy about that."

The win means the teams will play a third and deciding game in the relegation round tomorrow afternoon.

"We showed a lot of character today," Swiss coach Daniela Diaz noted. "We worked for every bit of space on the ice and wanted it more, I think. I'm very proud of the team."

"This was do-or-die, so we wanted to play as a team and support each other, fight for every puck," Meier added. "And the luck was on our side, which was nice."

"I think we played well," offered Tereza Vanisova, who scored both Czech goals. "We were stronger on the puck, but we didn't score. It's that simple."

The Czechs were the more determined team and harder on the puck, indeed, but the first period was scoreless. The best chance of the first 20 minutes came when an Alina Muller shot squeaked by Peslarova, but Samantha Kolowratova was behnd her to swep the puck out of harm's way.

The Czechs scored first, at 8:39 of the second, thanks to a giveaway in the Swiss end. Aneta Ledlova stole the puck and made a quick pass to Vanisova. Her shot beat Florence Schelling over the glove.

The Czechs continued to dominate in many respects, but Switzerland tied the game off the rush. Phoebe Staenz tore down the right wing on a two-on-one and fed a pass to linemate Nicole Bullo, who made a slick deke and tucked the puck in the open side.

Lara Stalder then gave the Swiss a lead with only 13.2 seconds left in the period. She collected the puck behind her own net and skated freely down the right side. Her sharp-angle shot trickled between Peslarova's pads, a shot the goalie would surely love to have back.

But the Czechs proved resilient. They tied the game early in the third on a simialr rush down the right wing. Vanisova, however, cut in on goal and Sandra Thalmann couldn't check her before Vanisova put the puck past Schelling. The goal, at 3:55, tied the game, 2-2 and set the stage for a dramatic finish in 4-on-4 overtime.

"We weren't worried," Diaz added of the tying goal. "We were working hard and we knew we could still win. And now we have to get ready for tomorrow."

Another busy IIHF world Championships day to come tomorrow, with another matchdays in mens Division IIA and IIB, also mens U18 Division IIA continue after todays rest day.

Tomorrow will start the Mens Under 18 Division I Group A as well. 6 Nations will battle in Bled, Slovenia. A really unusual tournment in neutral soil will be seen this year. Slovenia will host during next 2 weeks 2 tournaments of mens U18 Divisions IA and IB. The first one will be the IA tournament with :DEN:FRA:GER:HUN:KAZ and :NOR playing for medals and promotion to the Under 18 top division next year and to avoid the relegation for the U18 Division IB 2018.

Mens

Division II Group A World Championships 2017 in Galati (ROU)

Day 4 Schedule (7th April 2017)

GMT +3

13:00  Serbia vs Spain 

16:30  Iceland vs Belgium

20:00  Australia vs Romania

Livestream

Mens

Division II Group B World Championships 2017 in Auckland (NZL)

Day 3 Schedule (7th April 2017)

GMT +12

13:00  China vs North Korea

16:30  Mexico vs Turkey

20:00  Israel vs New Zealand

The matches are livestreamed on the New Zealand Ice Hockey Federation Facebook Profile

Mens

Under 18 Division I Group A World Championships 2017 in Bled (SLO)

Day 1 Schedule (7th April 2017)

GMT +2

13:00  France vs Germany 

16:30  Norway vs Kazakhstan

20:00  Hungary vs Denmark

*Tournament format - The tournament will be played in a usual Round-Robin Format, The 1st ranked Nation will be promoted for the Under 18 Top Division World championship next year, Teams ranked from 2nd to 5th Places will stay in this division also for the next edition, the last 6th ranked Team will be relegated to the Under 18 Division I Group B World Championship next season.

Mens

Under 18 Division II Group A World Championships 2017 in Gangneung, PyeongChang (KOR)

Day 4 Schedule (7th April 2017)

GMT +9

12:00  Great Britain vs Romania  (Gangneung Hockey Arena)

16:30  Croatia vs Lithuania  (Gangneung Hockey Arena)

21:00  Estonia vs South Korea  (Kwandong Hockey Center)

Livestream - Kwandong Centre

Livestream - Gangneung Centre

WOMEN'S

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Semifinal 2A-QF1

Canada - Finland  4-0

ZA6_4188.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4581.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4429.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4380.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4373.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4668.jpg?height=550&width=750

WOMEN'S

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Semifinal 2A-QF1

Canada - Finland  4-0

Canada swamps Finns, 4-0

Szabados perfect when she had to be

ZA4_5921_Channel%20Homepage%20Slider.jpg

Leaving nothing to chance, Canada came out firing on all cylinders and never let up. The Finns have had a great tournament but couldn't match Canada's speed.

Canada got goals from four players, and goalie Shannon Szabados wasn't busy but she was sensational on occasion in recording her second consecutive shutout of the tournament. She stopped 23 shots on the afternoon.

"Shannon's one of the best in the world, and we have a lot of confidence when she's in goal," Rebecca Johnston said. "She made some big saves for us, so we're glad she's on our team."

The win sends Canada to tomorrow night's gold-medal game against the winner of tonight's United States-Germany game. Finland will play for bronze in the afternoon against tonight's losing team.

"We wanted to play with a lot of energy and get a lot of pucks on net," said captain Marie-Philip Poulin, who had a goal and assist for the winners. "We're happy with how we played and are looking forward to the final game now."

"We couldn't get our legs going in the first ten minutes," said Finland's goalie, Noora Raty. "The difference was how we played, not how they played. We knew they'd come out hard, but we just didn't have an answer for it. They took it to us."

Canada looked markedly different and moved the puck up ice effectively, avoiding the forechecking that made Finland so successful a few days ago during its 4-3 upset win. In the offensive end, Canada made crisp passes and created scoring chances galore through tenacity and greater determination. 

"We had a tough start to the tournament, but I think that only made us stronger," Poulin continued. "We had a little adversity, and we knew it wasn't going to be easy, but we're here to win that gold medal."

"We wanted to focus on the little things tonight," noted Johnston, who scored a goal in the third period. "We needed to be more aggressive and use our speed, and we had a lot of puck support. We were more confident tonight."

"We gave them more room," Michelle Karvinen said, offering the opposite point of view. "We were pressuring them a lot more last time. It took a while for us to get into the game. I don't know why. We had our chances, but we couldn't score. We didn't get traffic in front of their net. That's hockey."

Canada opened the scoring at 17:35 of the first when Brianne Jenner's point shot caused havoc in Raty's crease. Sarah Potomak banged in the loose puck for the 1-0 lead. 

"The first goal is key in any game because it gives you the momentum," Johnston noted. "We got confident and kept rolling from there. Our speed made them a bit nervous, I think, especially in the first period."

The Canadians added two more goals in the second as they kept up a ferocious puck-pursuit and puck-possession game. Poulin scored a beauty at 5:08 as she outwaited Raty and then roofed a sensational shot into a small opening above the goalie's shoulder.

Johnston made it 3-0 on a power play, wiring a shot off the post and in at 7:33.

When Finland got a late power play in the third, coach Pasi Mustonen pulled Raty to create a two-man advantage, but Emily Clark potted an empty-netter at 15:31 to close out the scoring.

Finland now prepares for a bronze-medal game tomorrow, after which the focus is on PyeongChang at the 2018 Olympics just ten months away.

"We've been playing better and better in recent years," Raty said. "We know they'll probably win nine games out of ten, but we hope that one game will be in the Olympics. We already got them here, so it would be a miracle if we won in the South Korea as well. But we'll try."

WOMEN'S

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

5th Place Match

Russia - Sweden  4-3 After GWS

IIH_7144.jpg?height=550&width=750

_DSC4167.jpg?height=550&width=750

_DSC3861_1.jpg?height=550&width=750

_DSC4222.jpg?height=550&width=750

_DSC4301.jpg?height=550&width=750

WOMEN'S

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Semifinal 1A-QF2

United States - Germany  11-0

ZA6_4731.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4696.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_4692.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_5074.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_5035.jpg?height=550&width=750

ZA6_5207.jpg?height=550&width=750