website statistics

Ice Hockey IIHF World Championships 2017

hckošice

And here we go :cheer: Today start the official test preparations for the worlds. We will play tonight and Saturday 2 matches in Aalborg and Odense against Denmark. Gonna be interesting to see how many players from this first camp stage will go to the worlds.

We are not expecting many NHLers this year, since some stars like Tatár, Gáborík, Daňo and couple of others already refused the invitation for this years wolds because of injuries, fatigue or ends of contract with their club so maybe only 4-5 will come before the tournament... and even if there still some interesting prospects still playing playoffs in different european leagues, there really a very decent chance that a solid amount of players from this team will play at worlds next month.

team for first this weeks training camp and matches against :DEN

Spoiler

Goaltenders: Július Hudáček (Örebrö HK, SWE), Jaroslav Janus (HC Verva Litvínov, CZE)

Defencers: Eduard Šedivý (HC Košice), Juraj Mikuš (HC Sparta Praha, CZE), Martin Gernát (HC Sparta Praha, CZE), Ivan Švarný (Kärpät Oulu, FIN), Michal Čajkovský (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg, RUS./KHL), Peter Čerešňák (HC Škoda Plzeň, CZE), Ján Brejčák (MODO Hockey, SWE), 

Forwards: Martin Bakoš (Red Star Kunlun, CHN/KHL), Michael Vandas (HC Vítkovice, CZE), Adam Lapšanský (Ravensburg Towerstar, GER), Vladimír Dravecký (HC Oceláři Třinec, CZE), Patrik Svitana (HK Poprad), Tomáš Hrnka (HC Škoda Plzeň, CZE), Miroslav Preisinger (HC Plzeň), Libor Hudáček (Örebrö HK, SWE), Marek Bartánus (HC Košice), Jakub Suja (HC Košice), Patrik Lušňák (HKM Zvolen), Lukáš Cingel (HC Sparta Praha, CZE), Andrej Kudrna (HC Sparta Praha, CZE),

Slovak training camps before the World Championships

Week 1: Denmark - Slovakia (6. april in Odense and 8. april in Aalborg),

Week 2: Slovakia - Switzerland (13. april in Trenčín and 15. april in Žilina),  

Week 3: Slovakia - Finland (19. april in Košice :thumbup: and 21. april in Bratislava),

Week 4: Norway - Slovakia (28. and 29. april in Hamar) after the last match scheduled for Saturday the coaching staff will announce the final 25 list roster and the team will travel next Monday to Cologne for the world championships

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Womens

Top Division World Championships 2017 in Plymouth, Michigan (USA)

Day 5 Schedule (6th April 2017)

GMT -4

Semifinals

15:35  2A-QF1 Canada vs Finland  (USA National Hockey Arena 1)

19:35  1A-QF2 United States vs Germany  (USA National Hockey Arena 1)

Relegation Round

12:00  Game 2 - Best of 3 Serie:  Czech Republic vs Switzerland  (USA National Hockey Arena 1)

Serie Standing : 1-0, If Czech Republic win this game, the relegation round will be over and Switzerland will be relegated, If Switzerland will win this match, they will tie the serie and 3rd decisive match will be needed tomorrow.

5th-6th Place Match

17:00  Russia vs Sweden  (USA National Hockey Arena 2)

3 godziny temu, hckosice napisał:

and btw 3 POL-SVK confrontations are scheduled this weekend :d Saturday a Poland - Slovakia as the opening match of womens Div IB Worlds in Katowice.

also tomorrow and Saturday our League team will play 2 friendly matches against your NT preparing for the upcomming Div IA worlds in Krynica-Zdroj. :)

well, Polish and Slovak hockey are in 2 different worlds ;)

as to our woman`s national team i wonder if we can beat anyone and stay in this division at home.

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

17 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

well, Polish and Slovak hockey are in 2 different worlds ;)

as to our woman`s national team i wonder if we can beat anyone and stay in this division at home.

I wouldn´t see it so black, Hockey has in Poland quite interesting history, and since couple of last years clearly there signs of improvement in your hockey compared to last 1-2 decades. Also Polands Champion received a spot for the Champions League, this is really valuable assessment for your hockey, for example a country like Latvia did not received any spot. Your NT has now a group of solid players, I was pleasantly surprised by the very high level of your play, You missed the promotion only by few. I think you have very good chances for good results in these 2 matches. we send a team composed of young talents from our championship, many of them will debut in the "National Team" level. So I will be not surprised at all to see 2 POL wins this weekend.

For the womens, it´s hard, the level change too much year by year, Our team definitely can not flop deeper as it is right now...few years ago it was unthinkable to see Slovak team in Division IB, but thanks to our womens current hockey it´s a reality...and since they lost yesterday in Hungary 1-4 in their last test game...everything is possible even a total debacle in Katowice...but on paper yes..we can say that Poland is probably the lowest seeded team of this division...but you saw what did Germany in top division this year..promoted team without any real chances to win a single match did some magic and play today the semifinals...so everything is possible in nowadays ice hockey,  especially in womens category

Womens

Division II Group A World Championships 2017 in Gangneung, PyeongChang (KOR)

Day 4 Schedule (6th April 2017)

GMT +9

16:30  Slovenia vs Great Britain  2-8

21:00  Australia vs Netherlands  1-3

21:00  North Korea vs South Korea  0-3

Players of both Koreas after the match :)

39298_15206_489.jpg

3 godziny temu, hckosice napisał:

I wouldn´t see it so black, Hockey has in Poland quite interesting history, and since couple of last years clearly there signs of improvement in your hockey compared to last 1-2 decades. Also Polands Champion received a spot for the Champions League, this is really valuable assessment for your hockey, for example a country like Latvia did not received any spot. Your NT has now a group of solid players, I was pleasantly surprised by the very high level of your play, You missed the promotion only by few. I think you have very good chances for good results in these 2 matches. we send a team composed of young talents from our championship, many of them will debut in the "National Team" level. So I will be not surprised at all to see 2 POL wins this weekend.

For the womens, it´s hard, the level change too much year by year, Our team definitely can not flop deeper as it is right now...few years ago it was unthinkable to see Slovak team in Division IB, but thanks to our womens current hockey it´s a reality...and since they lost yesterday in Hungary 1-4 in their last test game...everything is possible even a total debacle in Katowice...but on paper yes..we can say that Poland is probably the lowest seeded team of this division...but you saw what did Germany in top division this year..promoted team without any real chances to win a single match did some magic and play today the semifinals...so everything is possible in nowadays ice hockey,  especially in womens category

sure, it`s getting better, thx for nice words but still we can`t even think of close match with Slovakia. Woman`s event is a mystery also for me apart from Italy, they seem to be quite good, China keeps some decent level for years but they dropped a bit like Slovakia, i have no idea what to expect from Latvia and Kazakhstan

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it