website statistics

Water Polo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

France Netherlands is probably a tossup or Netherlands small favourites but other matches i wouldn't be surprised to see one unexpected result out of 3, the difference between those countries isn't like it used to be.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a strange sys to give NED 2nd place, totally unlogical for me!

Ok, ITA-ROM and HUN-GER are easy picks, then the hit ESP-CAN, ESP seems to be the fav but CAN is really good, the looser will be the biggest looser of whole 4 years...while the winner of NED-FRA the oppossite. Both teams are a surpise, both are a bit "new" to this level (not mentioning the old times), a bit unstable so the shape of the day will decide, i bet on NED and ESP

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Just for Info, Germany advanced to the quarterfinal over Kazakhstan, not because of their better GD. just because they lost by 6 goals to Italy and Kazakhstan by 11.

just a reminder about weird tie breaking rules in this sport :p

i don`t get it cuz Spain has won with Italy while NED has lost....too complicated, ok, so 3-team table decided 1st place, while direct match the 2nd while results with ITA decided about 4th place??

Oh my....:wall:

1 minute ago, Pavlo said:

i don`t get it cuz Spain has won with Italy while NED has lost....too complicated, ok, so 3-team table decided 1st place, while direct match the 2nd while results with ITA decided about 4th place??

lol yeah, I already posted the PDF book about the tie breaking rules earlier in this thread.

first they determine the top team (Italy), then, 2nd and 3rd and since we have a tie for 4th place (they tied each other so no head to head match) then their results against the top team (Italy) determine the 4th place,

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

lol yeah, I already posted the PDF book about the tie breaking rules earlier in this thread.

first they determine the top team (Italy), then, 2nd and 3rd and since we have a tie for 4th place (they tied each other so no head to head match) then their results against the top team (Italy) determine the 4th place,

thx :), so i guessed it cuz it was the only "logical" explanation, but to be true, i`ve never heard of such strange system, lucky France + Netherlands

18 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

But NED won against ESP, so in that case, it's not so weird to be above them :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So dumb to use different crtieria to determine who finsihes where. The first method that would work (since head to head points would not work) would be head to head goal differential. In that case Italy first, Spain second and Netherlands third.

Hoping France doesn't win as they do not deserve it.

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But NED won against ESP, so in that case, it's not so weird to be above them :d 

well, usually they use 3 team direct table :D, NED has clearly the worst gf but in some way i`m happy about it, i like surprises, come backs, and because i think NED is better than FRA in those terms i`m rooting NED tomorrow!! :)

Edited by Pavlo