website statistics

Water Polo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

:FRA   Team France would be at the Rio Olympics

FINA ruled that the France team had not knowingly lost against Canada at the Trieste TQO. The Blues will play well Olympics in Rio.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Water-polo/Actualites/Les-bleus-seront-bien-aux-jeux-olympiques-de-rio/656165

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only right decision. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

Interesting news @heywoodu

Dutch Women's water polo resume training

Havenga "We count on anything"

They came back early from their holiday accommodation in Valencia, the French Alps or the Netherlands. But they were there yesterday in the national swimming pool. Thirteen water polo women appeared for the first time in three weeks together again into the water. Thirteen women with one dream: still participate in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Since the beginning of this week, the ladies had already completed an individual training program. ,, We count on anything, " coach Havenga stressed after two trainings and a strength session. ,, We train purely preventive.”

Today, the coach hopes to welcome two players returning from vacation. Tomorrow the team will train again. Then the big wait for the team starts ,which is first reserve for the Olympics. Very likely decide the IOC Sunday or Russian athletes are still welcome in Rio after all doping revelations.

3 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Interesting news @heywoodu

Dutch Women's water polo resume training

Havenga "We count on anything"

They came back early from their holiday accommodation in Valencia, the French Alps or the Netherlands. But they were there yesterday in the national swimming pool. Thirteen water polo women appeared for the first time in three weeks together again into the water. Thirteen women with one dream: still participate in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Since the beginning of this week, the ladies had already completed an individual training program. ,, We count on anything, " coach Havenga stressed after two trainings and a strength session. ,, We train purely preventive.”

Today, the coach hopes to welcome two players returning from vacation. Tomorrow the team will train again. Then the big wait for the team starts ,which is first reserve for the Olympics. Very likely decide the IOC Sunday or Russian athletes are still welcome in Rio after all doping revelations.

Ah yes, I completely forgot to mention it here :red:

One of the players (I forgot who) even postponed a surgery because of this, because that surgery means she can't play for a while for sure, but without the surgery she can still play pretty normal :p 

There are already people saying "camping teams" (teams who are on vacation already) are always good, mentioning the Danish 1992 football team :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yes, I completely forgot to mention it here :red:

One of the players (I forgot who) even postponed a surgery because of this, because that surgery means she can't play for a while for sure, but without the surgery she can still play pretty normal :p 

wow, they must have very high hopes then....or know something that we don't know :p:d

2 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

wow, they must have very high hopes then....or know something that we don't know :p:d

Well I'd do the same in her case I think :p

I mean, even if there's a 5% chance that you suddenly have to play at the Olympics, nothing would be worse than hearing you can go and not being prepared...so better prepare as if you're sure so that you are ready to fight for the gold if the time comes :d 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well I'd do the same in her case I think :p

I mean, even if there's a 5% chance that you suddenly have to play at the Olympics, nothing would be worse than hearing you can go and not being prepared...so better prepare as if you're sure so that you are ready to fight for the gold if the time comes :d 

if that happens i would bet on them to make finals

5 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

if that happens i would bet on them to make finals

I wonder how the Greek women are feeling now...."f*ck, we should have done our best a bit more in that 5th place match against the Dutch.." :p