:KEN Ali Kaya (competes for Turkey) 13:00.31

:ESP Ilias Fifa 13:05.61

:ETH Hayle Ibrahimov (competes for Azerbaijan) 13:09.17

Tomorrow i will cheer for FIFA. :fingers:

Fifa is another transferee from :MAR:( 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb juddy96:

Fifa is another transferee from :MAR:( 

Great ,,,

He seemed almost too fast to be non-african. I guess there is no chance that a real european athlete will win a medal in mens half marathon or mens 5000m.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

And Yasemir Can will do the half marathon as well, because winning only the 10 and 5 km is for pussies :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 1 Minute schrieb heywoodu:

And Yasemir Can will do the half marathon as well, because winning only the 10 and 5 km is for pussies :p

No, its a different Yasemine Can, but maybe i just didnt understand the irony ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

31 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Great ,,,

He seemed almost too fast to be non-african. I guess there is no chance that a real european athlete will win a medal in mens half marathon or mens 5000m.

I think there is always a chance in the half marathon with changing conditions, and if you aren't in good shape there's no chance. I'm hopeful Meucci from Italy can challenge the Africans.

Edited by juddy96

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently those two are different persons... :rofl: 

Edited by Майкл

hace 3 horas, OlympicsFan said:

Great ,,,

Well, Ilias Fifa's history is far to be close to other transfer athletes.

He is a former inmigrant who put his live in danger to try to reach Spain at the age of 16 travelling in the unders of a truck to pass the border. And after living almost six years as an undocumented he reached spanish nationality. So, for me, he's a "real european".

Spain as a country has a lot of inmigration, and we are clearly a multicultural country, and our athletics selection is full of moroccoan (and cuban) born athletes that reach the country usually with their families looking for a decent life, like Adel Mechaal tomorrow in 5000, moroccoan born living in Spain since he's 3 years old.

I'm just saying this, because some country's masive athlete's purchases is making all countrys with african-origin athletes make guilty, and that's far from beeing true.

I just think that putting all athletes in the same box is not fair. Not for the sport, the countrys or the fans.

With this level of globalitation Europe is having those days I think it's imposible to see again a "real european" athletics events, and the fastest we admit that the best is going to do for the sport. But this "athlete buying" thing is going out of hands and both IAAF and EAA should have done something by now because they're killing the sport. The kenyan dudes that win gold and silver for Turkey in men's 10,000 just said that they have no idea of speaking Turkish and they have suposely being living there for several years now.

I just remenber the case of Yunier Perez, a cuban sprinter living on Spain, whose manager trick him to get a turkish nacionality he didn't want without even living in the country.

Wow, the Men's hurdles are also unkind to the favorites at the US trials, David Oliver didn't start in the final and Aries Merritt finished fourth.

Women's Javelin Throw: Maggie Malone, Kara Winger, Brittany Borman (Hannah Carson finished 2nd but didn't have the standard)

Men's Triple Jump: Will Claye, Christian Taylor, Chris Benard

Men's 5000m: Bernard Lagat, Hassan Mead, Paul Chelimo

Men's 200m: Justin Gatlin, LaShawn Merritt, Ameer Webb

Men's 110m Hurdles: Devon Allen, Ronnie Ash, Jeff Porter

Edited by juddy96

Alfonz Juck our commentator and one of the most known athletics manager in the world said that it´s not over yet at all, apparentlly there already a lot of Kenyans receiving Turkish citizenship in the past weeks and months, and just waiting for competing eligibility from IAAF :facepalm: