website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

This week in Arad :ROU  16th European Throwing Cup

:ITA team is without Chiara Rosa/SP (at Portland) and Silvia Salis/HT not fit after injury  (list below)

Spoiler

MEN

Marco Lingua  (Hammer Throw)
Simone Falloni   (Hammer Throw)
Marco Bortolato   (Hammer Throw /U23)
Sebastiano Bianchetti  (Shot Put)
Daniele Secci  (Shot Put)

Andrea Caiaffa (Shot Put /U23)

Giovanni Faloci  (Discus)
Federico Apolloni  (Discus)

Martin Pilato/U23 (Discus)

Norbert Bonvecchio (Javelin)
Antonio Fent (Javelin)

Roberto Orlando (Javelin /U23)

WOMEN

Natalina Capoferri (Discus)
Stefania Strumillo  (Discus)
Giada Andreutti (Discus/U23)
Sara Jemai (Javelin)
Paola Padovan (Javelin/U23)

7 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

The European Throwing Cup is the first chance for the German throwers to get the national Olympic Standards. Though from our best throwers only Betty Heidler and Christin Hussong will compete.

I think 4 german athletes will reach the standard in womens javelin, so Hussong cant qualify just now. From a german perspective this will probably the most intense fight for the 3 olympic spots.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I think 4 german athletes will reach the standard in womens javelin, so Hussong cant qualify just now. From a german perspective this will probably the most intense fight for the 3 olympic spots.

I agree, she can't qualify now, but she can get the standards, of course. Women's Discus Throw and maybe the Long Jump could be similarly exciting.

8 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I agree, she can't qualify now, but she can get the standards, of course. Women's Discus Throw and maybe the Long Jump could be similarly exciting.

Womens 100 m, womens marathon, mens discus throw and mens javelin throw also could get exciting. I think we will see german athletes in many "new" disciplines. Womens 200 m, womens 800 m, womens 1500 m, womens 5000/10000 m, womens 400 m hurdles, mens marathon, mens triple jump and mens high jump.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.