website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

hace 13 horas, OlympicsFan said:

8) I have only one wish for all athletics events in Rio: Rojas has to win the gold! She and Ibarguen are clearly superior to everyone else, the fight for bronze could be pretty open. I pray to god that Spain wont naturalize her like they always do.

9) I feel really sad for Cuba that they lost Ortega, Spain did absolutely nothing for his development and i hope that they wont get away with this shit in the future. Everyone who changes nationality should be banned for at least 2 years, then countries like Turkey might think twice before naturalizing athletes.

Well, first of all, I really want to know what do you mean about "like they always do", cause looking at our athletics team I don't see that much of naturalized athletes.

And yeah, Spain has nothing to do with Ortega's developning. But since he has leave the country he was born due to all the problems everyone knows that are in Cuba and being banned by their federation, I think it's only far from any athlete to give them the chance to represent and compite free in international competitions if they country wouldn't alow them over stupid and controling rules.

So yes, we migth not own part of the achievement's Orlando can give us in the future but he really deserved them. He could chose to compite for country because he had offers about compiting for countrys who would paid him really well and he decided to compete for the country where he has being living since 2013, when he quit the cuban delegation.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Jur:

Well, first of all, I really want to know what do you mean about "like they always do", cause looking at our athletics team I don't see that much of naturalized athletes.

And yeah, Spain has nothing to do with Ortega's developning. But since he has leave the country he was born due to all the problems everyone knows that are in Cuba and being banned by their federation, I think it's only far from any athlete to give them the chance to represent and compite free in international competitions if they country wouldn't alow them over stupid and controling rules.

So yes, we migth not own part of the achievement's Orlando can give us in the future but he really deserved them. He could chose to compite for country because he had offers about compiting for countrys who would paid him really well and he decided to compete for the country where he has being living since 2013, when he quit the cuban delegation.

You have naturalized tons of athletes in Basketball, Football, Handball, Tennis and so on.

I dont actually care if he was paid by Spain or not, but if you allow athletes to Change nationality without getting banned, then countries like Turkey or Azerbaijan will never stop. I think every athlete who changes nationality should be banned for the next olympic games and world Championships. Someone like Ortega could compete for Spain in the Diamond league and earn his living that way, but if you allow countries to just buy olympic medals, then this will never end.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 9 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

You have naturalized tons of athletes in Basketball, Football, Handball, Tennis and so on.

I dont actually care if he was paid by Spain or not, but if you allow athletes to Change nationality without getting banned, then countries like Turkey or Azerbaijan will never stop. I think every athlete who changes nationality should be banned for the next olympic games and world Championships. Someone like Ortega could compete for Spain in the Diamond league and earn his living that way, but if you allow countries to just buy olympic medals, then this will never end.

¿In basketball? We only have Serge Ibaka. ¿In football? No one. ¿Handball? No one actually. ¿Tennis? No one, Garbiñe Muguruza has had double nacionality since she was born. That's all lies.

The fact that we have a lot of inmigration and that for any latin-american person is really easy to apply for nacionality since the law said that they had to demostrate 3 years of residence in Spain to get able to get it (Just as Orlando and so many other cuban-origin athlete's had done)

When you change nacionality you have to had a three year hiatus since you represent your country last time. That's why Orlando couldn't compite in Europeans or in Beijing last year.

6 minutes ago, Jur said:

¿In basketball? We only have Serge Ibaka. ¿In football? No one. ¿Handball? No one actually. ¿Tennis? No one, Garbiñe Muguruza has had double nacionality since she was born. That's all lies.

The fact that we have a lot of inmigration and that for any latin-american person is really easy to apply for nacionality since the law said that they had to demostrate 3 years of residence in Spain to get able to get it (Just as Orlando and so many other cuban-origin athlete's had done)

When you change nacionality you have to had a three year hiatus since you represent your country last time. That's why Orlando couldn't compite in Europeans or in Beijing last year.

More importantly (in the athletics thread): how are Ortega's chances looking to compete in Rio? It's been awfully quiet lately.. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Jur:

Football: What about Diego Costa, Thiago or Marcos Senna?

Basketball: What about Mirotic for example?

Handball: What about Sterbik for example?

Tennis: You might be right about Muguruza, but what about someone like Nicola Kuhn?

I think the turkish athletes at the european Championships werent banned at all and for sure not for 3 years. Lets say you buy the 10th best kenyan athlete who never competed for Kenya internationally, then he wont get banned and thats just wrong, he/she is still easily good enough to challenge for a medal in many Events, everyone who changes nationality should be banned. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

first ever medal for SVK at Under 17 europeans in 800m Girls by Gabriela Gajanová :)http://eych2016.domtel-sport.pl/?seria=0&dzien=2016-07-14&runda=3&konkurencja=K800&impreza=6

it´s 35th slovak athletics medal from a major event,

World Championships  1- 0 -3

European Championships  1- 3 -0

European Indoor championship  1-0-2

World Junior Chumpionship  1-2-4

Youth Olympics 0-0-1

Under 17 world championship 0-1-2

Under 23 european championship 2-1-2

European Junior championship 1-3-3

and now Youth european championship 0-0-1

so we are actually still missing medal only from OG and Indoor world championship

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

first ever medal for SVK at Under 17 europeans in 800m Girls by Gabriela Gajanová :)http://eych2016.domtel-sport.pl/?seria=0&dzien=2016-07-14&runda=3&konkurencja=K800&impreza=6

it´s 35th slovak athletics medal from a major event,

World Championships  1- 0 -3

European Championships  1- 3 -0

European Indoor championship  1-0-2

World Junior Chumpionship  1-2-4

Youth Olympics 0-0-1

Under 17 world championship 0-1-2

Under 23 european championship 2-1-2

European Junior championship 1-3-3

and now Youth european championship 0-0-1

so we are actually still missing medal only from OG and Indoor world championship

well, this was first u17 EC :d