Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
heywoodu

Cross-Country Skiing at the FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships 2017

dareza    356

we have 5 athletes on this championship (3+2). I don't  expect good result, but it will be better than in biathlon probably.

hckosice    899
26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So to sum up for the women's 5k tomorrow:

The top-10 goes to the 10k IF they have less than 180 FIS points in tomorrow's race? So if for example the athlete in 8th position gets 185 points tomorrow, only the top-7 will go to the main race? 

don´t know buddy, hopefully no, but who know, it´s clearly written

under the condition that they have achieved less than 180 FIS points (including the penalty) for the ladies and 140 FIS points for the men.

but well, you know how the FIS qualifications are incredibly hard to understand, just look the alpine skiing world championships GS and Slalom qualifications, no one knew who is qualified untill the final race start list were released :d

heywoodu    1,307
43 minutes ago, hckosice said:

don´t know buddy, hopefully no, but who know, it´s clearly written

but well, you know how the FIS qualifications are incredibly hard to understand, just look the alpine skiing world championships GS and Slalom qualifications, no one knew who is qualified untill the final race start list were released :d

True :d

I'm so nervous and excited about this competition, I can't wait for it to be tomorrow :lol:

Agger    158
On 20/2/2017 at 20:45, heywoodu said:

This is on the door of the changing room used by the Brazilian women, a list of nations who share that changing room....but apparently it's the exact same list as on the men's changing room, so I guess this doesn't mean Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Ecuador etc will have a woman competing :p 

a84d575fa6.jpg

I know Chile is represented by a woman (Claudia Salcedo), from Venezuela and Ecuador I'm only expecting guys and about Colombia....no idea. 

Denmark doesn't have a woman competing.

heywoodu    1,307

6e74623027f9a289d0d8de6c01782012.jpg

:woohoo::hyper:

I feel like on the morning of competition day 1 at the Olympics: I can't contain my excitement :lol:

heywoodu    1,307
9 hours ago, Agger said:

Denmark doesn't have a woman competing.

Same goes for a good amount of other nations in that list, so they simply copied the nations and made one with 'Women' and one with 'Men' for on the changing room doors :d 

dcro    1,116
15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Same goes for a good amount of other nations in that list, so they simply copied the nations and made one with 'Women' and one with 'Men' for on the changing room doors :d 

There is also no Togo and Tonga.

Not surprised about Tonga though, apparently he is concentrating on sprint, what would be consistent with the video I've posted.

heywoodu    1,307
11 minutes ago, dcro said:

There is also no Togo and Tonga.

Not surprised about Tonga though, apparently he is concentrating on sprint, what would be consistent with the video I've posted.

How are you certain there is no Togo? Don't forget that even though she competes for a rather small winter sports nation like Togo, she doesn't need to enter the qualification race :p 

dcro    1,116
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

How are you certain there is no Togo? Don't forget that even though she competes for a rather small winter sports nation like Togo, she doesn't need to enter the qualification race :p 

I am talking about the list of nations on changing room doors (those that are supposed to compete in qualifications) :evil:

heywoodu    1,307
15 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am talking about the list of nations on changing room doors (those that are supposed to compete in qualifications) :evil:

But the Changing Room Doors List says nothing about the qualifications :d 

I'm pretty sure they just threw all small teams in there, not looking at whether or not they had to qualify :p 

Agger    158

:DEN TEAM DENMARK :DEN 

Men

• Jens Hulgaard  (15km C (Q))
  • Lasse Hulgaard  (Sprint FS, 15km C, 50km FS)
  • Martin Møller  (Sprint FS, 15km C, 30km skiathlon, 50km FS)
  • Tue Rømer  (15km C (Q), 50km FS)

Starting in the Team Sprint C and Relay is being considered.