Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
heywoodu

Cross-Country Skiing at the FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships 2017

hckosice    1,577

:SVK TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

For FIS World Championships in Lahti (FIN 22.02.-05.03.2017)

Men´s

• Peter MLYNÁR  (Sprint FS, Team Sprint C, 15km C)
  • Andrej SEGEČ  (Sprint FS, Team Sprint C, 15km C ???)
  • Miroslav ŠULEK  (Sprint FS, Reserve for Team Sprint C)
  • Rudolf MICHALOVSKÝ  (Sprint FS)

Women´s

• Alena PROCHÁZKOVÁ  (Sprint FS, Skiathlon 7.5km+7.5km, 10km C)

The Team is already in Lahti, but without big expectations, the goal of our team is the Quarterfinals in womens sprint for Alena Procházková and once she will be there, then to try a miracle :d

Our athletes will compete for the first time in new national team suits

Spoiler

9k=

Z

Z

9k=

heywoodu    2,707

Cool suits :d

I'm missing a bit of orange though :evil:

dcro    2,262
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool suits :d

I'm missing a bit of orange though :evil:

Yup, with these suits/colors they will easily get mistaken as Russians, Czechs etc.

heywoodu    2,707
6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yup, with these suits/colors they will easily get mistaken as Russians, Czechs etc.

Slovenians.

dcro    2,262
12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Slovenians.

Nah, that's always going to happen, irregardless of the color. :p

hckosice    1,577

Tomorrows Qualifications races Start Lists

Mens 10km Classical Here Vamos :ECU:cheer:

Womens 5km Classical Here

dcro    2,262

Looks like we are having a rather large team, nice! Malec and Dadić are prequalified while 4 more athletes will compete tomorrow. I'm pretty confident that Gabrijela Skender will qualify. She is one of those rare skiers whose classic technique is MUCH better than the free. Crnković is a biathlete while Marko Skender is quite young but talented, they should be some kind of "wild cards" for tomorrow. Hladika on the other hand is chanceless for top 10...

On the sideline, I'm hoping that :LBN Lebanon can get inside these 300 FIS points. :cheer: They had some nice performances at their first WCh in 2015 so let's hope they improved.

heywoodu    2,707

Slightly annoying that there are two former Ukrainians (both biathletes) competing for Moldova here without FIS points and so in the need to qualify, taking up two spots...

Anyhow, I just finished going through the women's start list in detail to see how Bruna's chances are for tomorrow where she needs to beat 23 athletes.

Basically I got to these numbers:

As good as impossible to beat without these athletes falling: 7 (including Skender for @dcro :p )

Anywhere from 'very hard but possible to beat' to 'there might be a decent chance to beat them': 5 

Should be possible under normal circumstances: 11

Bruna should beat them when not having a fall or something: 9

Which makes for 20 athletes that she should normally be able to beat....3 more needed, this is gonna be a lot closer than I expected (in a good sense :p ). 

heywoodu    2,707
29 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yes and I forgot to clarify the qualifications rules. 

the systems explanations under 9.1.1.1 in page 11 http://www.fis-ski.com/mm/Document/documentlibrary/MajorEvents/05/55/15/WSCRules2016Eclean19122016_English.pdf

So to sum up for the women's 5k tomorrow:

The top-10 goes to the 10k IF they have less than 180 FIS points in tomorrow's race? So if for example the athlete in 8th position gets 185 points tomorrow, only the top-7 will go to the main race? 

heywoodu    2,707

Damn it, the start list has been updated with two Mongolian women, both of whom are normally out of reach for Bruna....chances went from 'definitely possible with a very good race' to 'incredibly hard' because of this addition.. 

dcro    2,262
11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So to sum up for the women's 5k tomorrow:

The top-10 goes to the 10k IF they have less than 180 FIS points in tomorrow's race? So if for example the athlete in 8th position gets 185 points tomorrow, only the top-7 will go to the main race? 

I don't think that's how it works, I mean it would be stupid.

In 2015 only top 2 female athletes were under 180 points :wacko: Anyhow, all of the top 10 were allowed to start later.