website statistics

Football Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

lol just like before the world cup draw, I got my wish granted. Thanks FIFA :d group D is the farthest away from facing Brazil and has the best venues (no matches in the north..).

I don't like two things however:

a- to play the first match with Portugal.

b-Having the prospect of Germany/Mexico in the opposite group.

But we'll have to pass the group first...

On 4/9/2016 at 8:24 PM, LDOG said:

Neymar is already confirmed to play (and because of that he had to opt out from the Copa America, to please Barcelona). The other two I don't know, but I think they have like 10% chance to play since both are in the Euro.

It's very unlikely for Ronaldo to play in Rio. They asked it to the FPF (Portuguese Football Federation) Diretor today, Pedro Pauleta, and he answered that "it will be difficult as he [Ronaldo] will play the Euro so it's unlikely for he to make the two tournaments"

A very good draw for the danish boys. They should beat Iraq and South Africa is surely possible as well (though Fiji would be even better). I'm absolutely hoping for them to advance, but it will very much be a question of who they are capable of sending.

For Sweden it's surely not as good. The women should be capable of advancing, though it will not be easy. The men will be going to Manaus which was what they feared, and will be up against Nigeria. On the paper Japan should be the easiest opponent from the 1st pot, but they will be tough as well. Not impossible, but it will be hard!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Looking forward to Germany - Zimbabwe :p

Even though Zimbabwe failed to qualify for the last five African championships I think they are better than people think. It's not easy to be so lucky in a home and away match against Cameroon, and Cameroon is not THAT bad. :p

Though, Germany - Zimbabwe will be highlight for me on day -2. As I said I will be a big supporter of Zimbabwe team. :d

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Even though Zimbabwe failed to qualify for the last five African championships I think they are better than people think. It's not easy to be so lucky in a home and away match against Cameroon, and Cameroon is not THAT bad. :p

Though, Germany - Zimbabwe will be highlight for me on day -2. As I said I will be a big supporter of Zimbabwe team. :d

Zimbabwe had so incredibly much luck :lol:

Already because of that I hope they do a good job :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Zimbabwe had so incredibly much luck :lol:

Already because of that I hope they do a good job :p 

Neshamba is the girl that took them to Olympics, as she scored both of the goals against Cameroon.

But one has to be a fan of such team. :d I can already see that they will be candidates for some Olympic spirit award.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Neshamba is the girl that took them to Olympics, as she scored both of the goals against Cameroon.

But one has to be a fan of such team. :d I can already see that they will be candidates for some Olympic spirit award.

I mostly mean the "official" loss against Ivory Coast because Zimbabwe couldn't afford the plane tickets to travel to Abidjan, after which Ivory Coast withdrew and Zimbabwe was in again :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!