website statistics

Football Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

2 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

So Germany's women will definitely be in a group with Australia since France and Sweden are in our confederation? And the men will have either South Africa or Fiji in their group, since it can't be Portugal or Sweden? Or did I misunderstand this?

3 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

So Germany's women will definitely be in a group with Australia since France and Sweden are in our confederation? And the men will have either South Africa or Fiji in their group, since it can't be Portugal or Sweden? Or did I misunderstand this?

The only certainty I have is to be a messy draw :p

But your logic seems right.

1 hour ago, konig said:

Iraq, Fiji and Algeria will be in the group of Brazil.

That's not possible, if they want to keep the teams from the same confederations apart. ;) Because Fiji and Algeria won't be in the same group. Fiji is either with Denmark or Germany in the group, and South Africa is with the other one of Germany and Denmark in a group.

12 hours ago, bestmen said:

i think :ALG have no chance , this team is not stable many players will not participate because of the rule of "age under 23"

But that's the rule for every country :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

in u-23 almost everything is possible, even medal for Honduras, the only chanceless team is Fiji, Iraq was once close, Japan and Korea were amazing last time, Africa is always dangerous

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Our womens team will have to play against Australia, our mens team will have to play against Fidji or South Africa. The pots are determined by the olympic results in the last 20 years, so our mens team is in pot 4 because 1988 was the last time that we participated at the olympic games.

There is a 2/3 probability that our womens team will have a very difficult group. Australia + China/Canada would be a very tough group. On the mens side our group doesnt really matter, we will win the gold medal anyway if we play with our best team and have a decent preparation.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Our womens team will have to play against Australia, our mens team will have to play against Fidji or South Africa. The pots are determined by the olympic results in the last 20 years, so our mens team is in pot 4 because 1988 was the last time that we participated at the olympic games.

There is a 2/3 probability that our womens team will have a very difficult group. Australia + China/Canada would be a very tough group.

Our women won't be in a group with China. Since Australia is in our group, China won't be, because Australia is playing for the Asian federation. So it's either Canada or New Zealand from that pot.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

On the mens side our group doesnt really matter, we will win the gold medal anyway if we play with our best team and have a decent preparation.

:d 

Even if Germany plays with their best team and a good preparation, other nations like Brazil can play with their best team and a good preparation as well and have a very decent chance as well :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!