website statistics

Football Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

Just now, Agger said:

Sweden has won their first 2 matches. If they tie against Netherland that will be 7 points.

Norway lost against Sweden but won against Netherlands. A win against Switzerland would mean 6 points! ;)

Yeah I read that you said "it would mean 7 points for Norway", but that was my mistake :p

And damn it Miedema, this was THE chance to get the Olympic ticket...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dareza said:

omg what a chance. :yikes:

She's called "the female Arjen Robben" for a reason other than her injuries apparently :lol:

Reminder, Robben in the 2010 World Cup Final:

Arjen+Robben+teen+Casillas+premium.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am shocked that you didnt qualify, what happened? Did your team play bad football, did you have any injuries or bad referee decisions?

I predicted Japan to win a medal in Rio, but now your elimination will improve our chances for a medal.

I think your team will come back strong at the next world championships, this is for sure not the end of glory for your womens football team.

Multiple reasons can be considered: defensive player Utsugi is injured, we didn't prepare well (we lack in playing actual match) , failure of generation change, and some media say there is awkward atmosphere in the team.

We are now u17 world champion. I hope the bright future will wait for us

The Netherlands had a huge chance, but just threw it away ...

Olympics without Japan and the Netherlands will be pretty boring. The swedish team is really boring, the dutch team at least showed some improvements in the last couple of years and they couldve surprised in Rio. I guess France is the only team that could stop USA from winning gold in Rio, but they always mess up in big games, so i am not very optimistic.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 2 weeks later...

MEN'S  CONCACAF/CONMEBOL PLAY-OFF

:WHT Various Places - 25.03.2016 - 29.03.2016 :WHT

Participating Nations:

• :COL Colombia
  • :USA United States

Knock-Out Round

2 Nations, Home/Away Matches, Winning Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Olympic Football Tournament

1st Leg

:COL Colombia  1 - 1  United States :USA

(Half-Time Score: 0-1)

25th March 2016, h. 15:30 (GMT -5), Estadio Metropolitano, Barranquilla

2nd Leg

(2)  :USA United States  1 - 2  Colombia :COL (3)

29th March 2016, h. 20:30 (GMT -5), Toyota Stadium, Frisco

Following Nation Has Qualified for Men´s Football Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

• :COL Colombia

Edited by LDOG

MEN'S  CONCACAF/CONMEBOL PLAY-OFF

:WHT Various Places - 25.03.2016 - 29.03.2016 :WHT

Knock-Out Round

2 Nations, Home/Away Matches, Winning Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Olympic Football Tournament

1st Leg Result

:COL Colombia  1 - 1  United States :USA

25th March 2016, h. 15:30 (GMT -5), Estadio Metropolitano, Barranquilla