website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

No. they didn't want to remove any of them. :p And yet IOC is pushing the equality, so there was only one option really...

I'd definitely keep 200 and 4x200, one of the best events.

No way 4x200 is better than 4x100. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

i think that 800m will go some day as 4x200 both gender relays - i`d prefer one 4x200 freestyle mixed relay or one 4x200 mixed styles+gender relay

if they keep 4x200 freestyle relays maybe 200m ind is too much

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

20 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

i`d prefer one 4x200 freestyle mixed relay 

Excellent idea, now if you'll excuse me.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Pavlo said:

so you prefer 2 separate 4x200 freestyle relays?

I prefer no 4x200 relays, but if that's no option, then yes, 2 separate would definitely have my choice over a mixed. There is already an insane amount of mixed events in sports, it really doesn't need anymore. (I know there will be more, but it's not needed, at all)

i also prefer no 4x200

but as the opposite i`m quite a fan of mixed events if they are to replace too many "team events", not if they are doubling number of events only

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

vor 18 Stunden schrieb kungshamra71:

I went to the arena Sunday and today (monday), evening sessions, it was quite crowded, mostly Hungarians (special for today, probably because mid Hosszu).

Great experience! 

It looked pretty empty in the morning to me, maybe TV just didnt show the right areas of the arena. I agree that it was quite full in the evening, so maybe "pretty empty" is not what it was, but i just expected that at least all the evening sessions would be sold out, considering how crazy hungarian people are for this sport. That is also why i asked whether maybe the tickets were too expensive ... ?

I know that i might be a bit unfair here, because there seem to be more spectators than in many of the last couple of world championships, but for me it was no question that the stadium would be full every night.

I think we all would like to see some of your pictures (and videos?), would be great if you could upload them some time later.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Italian TV commentators talked of more than 6/7000 spectators (the arena has 12000 seats) in all the morning sections before today...

in the afternoon the stands are always almost full..the only empty seats are those in front of the diving pool (probably from that angle it's impossible to follow the swimming events) and the stripe just above the swimmers' stand, where VIP seats are located (and I guess that those seats are in any case sold out, just the owners show up only once every while when it's their particular interest)...

if compared to other world champs, this year we're having a really good audience in all the pools (and also at Balaton Lake for the Open Water Swimming there were a lot of people both on the stands in front of the finish lane and on the beaches beside the course)...

il y a 17 minutes, dareza a déclaré:

It is not normal how France is bad.

If you were around 15 years ago, it's sounds very normal :rolleyes:

Our past 10 years results have been achieved by a very limited pool of great athlets. Once, they're gone, we're back to nowhere