Detti at 1500 m:

2014: 14:52.53

2016: 14:40.86

Improvement by 11.62 seconds, 0.778 seconds per 100 m, from age 20 to age 22

Wojdak at 800 m:

2015: 7:45.90

2017: 7:41.73

Improvement by 4.17 seconds, 0.521 seconds per 100 m, from age 19 to age 21

Who is more suspicious, the guy improving by 0.521 seconds per 100 m from age 19 to age 21 or the guy improving by 0.778 seconds per 100 m, from age 20 to age 22?

to be honest, I didn't remember the Polish guy already swimming 7.45 2 years ago...that's a more than reasonable progression...so, my suspects were absolutely wrong...

my fault...I beg your pardon (and of all the Polish fans, of course)...

on the Italian guys I put my hand on fire they're not doing anything excessively wrong...our anti-doping system do not allow any of our sportsman to steal medals with certain methods (actually, we also get some innocents disqualified under more than suspicious circumstances - and I'm not necessarily talking about Alex Schwazer, who is not that innocent in general - maybe the last time yes, but not in previous occasions)...

45 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What about Michael Phelps ... gold at 2001 world championships and 2016 olympics ... no one ever heard of him?

Or what about Anthony Ervin? Gold at 2000 olympics and 2016 olympics.

There is an american swimmer who won gold at the 1984 olympics and also won multiple medals at the 2008 olympics, i wont give his/her name.

I have the feeling that our italian fan is too emotional and is losing his perspective.

to be precise, Phelps won Bronze (200 fly) already in Sydney 2000...

however, we're just talking about 3/4 exceptions (and all of them males)...

but I agree that I should have written "I don't think there many other swimmers (...)"

Ervin doesn't count since he was out of swimming for 13 of his 16 year-career (moreover, he was a drug addicted and psychotic subject...so, he's not even an athlete to me...the worst example one could choose...in each and every aspect of life)...

and please, don't even try to name Dara Torres...she also was out of the sport for years and then had an artificial comeback, which wasn't suspect...all the people around swimming knew she wasn't "natural" at all in her second swimming life (my consideration of her is more or less the same of Sun Yang, Yulia Efimova, most weightlifters & so on...cheaters and nothing else)...

Edited by phelps

il y a 34 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

on the Italian guys I put my hand on fire they're not doing anything excessively wrong...our anti-doping system do not allow any of our sportsman to steal medals with certain methods

You probably should take your hand back on. No anti-doping system (italian or otherwise) is that effective or even effective at all for that matter.They only catch a tiny portion of doper offenders, the vast majority of them will never get caught.

You shouldn't put to much faith in any of that.

The great Charlemagne in the water :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Syrian girl competing for Syria, that's always good to see. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Here are a few more pictures from the first day of competition!

Victory ceremony for Sun Yang

Tomorrow I will try to put some more from the second day :-)

Tell me you didn't rise and applaud for Sun? :p