website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

vor einer Stunde schrieb lapaj:

I don't know. Please open my eyes. Did Hungary win too many medals? What about Gyurta Dániel? An Olympic Champion but here he is 26. Cseh László? 4xOlimpic silver medalist. Here? 11. Women's 4x100 relay? 9. Etc. Hungary, the host won a medal and, of course they used doping.

During the last Olympic many of our Olympians were interviewed. All of them waited this WC because it is in Hungary. With it's special atmosphere!

Hungary is a very successful nation in a lot of sports. So a bronze almost 2 sec from the winner is a sweet surprise to me.

Hosszú will win medals. Pleas don't see her races!

Just to clarify:

1) wasnt only about Hungary, of course there is a lot of doping in Hungary, but the USA, China or Russia arent any better.

2) What do you mean with "Pleas(e) don't see her races!"? I shouldn't watch her races, because ...

a) My comments would go on your nerves?

b) Her performances would go on my nerves and you don't want me to get too angry?

c) ... (Fill in your own explanation)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

We also shouldnt forget that the only world record that was broken today was the one in womens 100 free, but Sjöstrom is from Sweden, so she isnt suspicious, swedish people in general dont dope, although their health system is said to be pretty great ... :mumble:

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Just to clarify:

1) wasnt only about Hungary, of course there is a lot of doping in Hungary, but the USA, China or Russia arent any better.

2) What do you mean with "Pleas(e) don't see her races!"? I shouldn't watch her races, because ...

a) My comments would go on your nerves?

b) Her performances would go on my nerves and you don't want me to get too angry?

c) ... (Fill in your own explanation)

"This again reminds me why i stopped caring about swimming more than a year ago:

1) Obvious doping"

So don't see her.

Do you think poor Hungary spend a lot of money to dope? Do you think WADA don't control the athletes during this WC? Or we developed something new or unseen dope? Of course there is a lot of doping if you said. But don't you think the sport is much more important here than there? Don't you envy?

How many African swimmer win medal in this event? Does a medal prove the dope where two teams were disqualified from the race?

Do you know where is Central Europe? Why don't you use the pro-Eastern Block expression? Believe me I don't care about that. My nerves are ok.

Edited by lapaj

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

The fact that no swimming outside of the world championships, olympics games and maybe european championships is broadcasted live just shows how unpopular swimming is. Even the world cups in rowing/canoeing are broadcasted in many countries ...

Danish TV has been showing Mare Nostrum and I usually complain about Danish TV not having enough sports outside the most popular few...

vor einer Stunde schrieb lapaj:

"This again reminds me why i stopped caring about swimming more than a year ago:

1) Obvious doping"

So don't see her.

Do you think poor Hungary spend a lot of money to dope? Do you think WADA don't control the athletes during this WC? Or we developed something new or unseen dope? Of course there is a lot of doping if you said. But don't you think the sport is much more important here than there? Don't you envy?

How many African swimmer win medal in this event? Does a medal prove the dope where two teams were disqualified from the race?

Do you know where is Central Europe? Why don't you use the pro-Eastern Block expression? Believe me I don't care about that. My nerves are ok.

1) Yeah i wont watch, the only race i watched today was womens 100 fly semifinal heat 1. I think i only watched like one half of an evening session at the olympics last year. I didnt watch any of Hosszus races last year and i wont watch any of her races this year, the same is true for Ledecky, womens breast (hate King, even more than Efimova), Dressel, mens fly or mens back.

Its not the countries who necessarily spend the money, its enough if they tell/show their athletes that they wont try to catch them, then the athletes have the green light to dope, its the same in kenyan/ethopian athletics. In addition to that Hungary hosts the world championships (because they were too expansive for Mexico) (while Germany for example can't afford to host world championships) and it feels as if Hungary is hosting at least one major event every year (correct me if i am wrong), this year Hungary also hosts the EYOF and i think Hungary was also awarded the short course world championships in a couple of years, last year Hungary hosted the junior european championships and in 2019 they will host the junior world championships, so please dont tell me that hungarian swimming isnt "swimming" in money.

WADA for sure controls a lot at the world championships, but ...

a) You have to be an incredible fool to get caught at major championships ... huge fool ...

b) If you get caught, nothing will happen anyway (just look at the "punishment" that Efimova, Sun Yang and so on got), there is almost no risk in doping.

I dont think that Hungary developed a new performance enhancing substance that gives them a huge disadvantage. Today most of the drugs are produced in countries like Paraguay, hungarian life sciences arent on a level high enough to come up with great new drugs, Paraguay is much more developed.

What does "dont you think that sport is much more important here than there" mean? Is swimming more important in Hungary than in Germany? Yes, so what ... (this explains why Hungary is better than Germany, but pretty much all countries are better than Germany in swimming, so ... )

If you want to think that i am jealous, than thats ok, because if i would be hungarian i would probably also turn my head, no doubt about that. I would also be happy if Heintz wins a medal in the 200 IM this week, but then i would remember his progression and stop being happy. I try to never get too involved, sport is just entertainment. Whenever there is money to be earned, there will be people who try to cheat, that doesnt mean that you should just accept that, even if you benefit from it.

What is your point about the african swimmers and the number of medals they could win here? I dont get it ...

Its not about Hungary winning a medal in the relay. Its all your athletes suddenly being in amazing shape right in time for home world championships. The times are the proof, not the fact that Hungary won a medal. Last year the hungarian relay was 12th at the olympics, at the 2012 olympics the hungarian relay was 14th (behind Serbia), at the 2015 and 2013 world championships the hungarian relay didnt even compete ... i guess its just a coincidence that you suddenly got those great "talents" just in time for you home world championships.

Central europe: Maybe i didnt read my own comment carefully enough, but where did i mention "central europe" or what is your point? Central europe isnt the same as western europe ...

Its good to know that your nerves are fine, you should enjoy your home world championships and all the medals Hungary will win. The roof will probably go off when Milak wins the 200 fly (although the stadium looked pretty empty today, maybe the tickets are too expensive?), i am already looking forward to it.

Edited by OlympicsFan

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Agger:

Danish TV has been showing Mare Nostrum and I usually complain about Danish TV not having enough sports outside the most popular few...

Free tv? Thats great, but in most countries its completely different and it would be interesting to know how many danish people actually watched it. Dont get me wrong, swimming is a great sport and super healthy, so the more kids do it, the better, but for me there is no doubt that swimming is doing a very bad job in marketing itself and swimming is also much less interesting to watch than athletics for example, but thats probably not something you can change. All athletes are swimming in their own lanes, most of the time you only see them from the top and can barely seperate them + you dont really see whats going on. The people at home can only get excited, if they can regularly watch the athletes and not only every 2 or 4 years at world championships/olympics. They would also have to be closer to the athletes to get more excited, only seeing the race from the top is really boring. Maybe FINA will find a way to get the cameras closer to the athletes during the race.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Майкл:

Mr Know-It-All at his finest :d It's been a while!

Didnt know youre stalking me, kind of creepy to be honest ... on the other hand its good to know that someone is always thinking about you, so i guess ... thank you?

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Didnt know youre stalking me, kind of creepy to be honest ... on the other hand its good to know that someone is always thinking about you, so i guess ... thank you?

What makes you think that my post was about you? As far as I'm concered I didn't mention any user's name. 

Posts like this one will make people think that you're nothing more but self-absorbed and narcissistic human being. Oh, wait...

Masse is well awake :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!