website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

Jesus, Sjöström :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

It was ironic :p For me who was positive need to be disqualfied for all the life...

That would have been nice, maybe then Santana would have been in the team..if he's still swimming :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

52.06 --> 51.71 thanks to lollerström :p 

Home world championships for Hungary, they have always been shit in the 4x100 free relay and now they suddenly win a medal, cant say that i am surprised though, we all know what Hungary is doing ... just sad. This again reminds me why i stopped caring about swimming more than a year ago:

1) Obvious doping

2) Predictable huge PBs by swimmers from certain countries at every major competition

3) German swimmers are shit

4) Swimming is just boring to watch, because you cant see much and too many races are just not close enough to be exciting.

Although this wont change anything about my lack of interest for this sport, i would hope that FINA introduces the following 2 changes:

1) "Glass pools", were you can film everything from the side (like a giant aqaurium) and from below, that way you could see a lot more from the swimmers instead of just looking at them from the top.

2) Get rid of 800/1500 m and instead introduce 50 m fly/back/breast at the olympics. Its just boring to see Ledecky winning every race by multiple body lengths. If you dont want the doping to get too obvious, you should find a way to make races closer.

The fact that no swimming outside of the world championships, olympics games and maybe european championships is broadcasted live just shows how unpopular swimming is. Even the world cups in rowing/canoeing are broadcasted in many countries ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.