website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 & 2028 Bid Process

mrv86

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today after the announcement of Paris 2024 and LA 2028 more came out about 2026 Winter Games with some speculations that USA might try to bid for those as well (in either Salt Lake City or Denver)

Honestly i feel like it's a big mistake, we already have 2028 Olympics AND 2026 FIFA World Cup (only competition is Morocco)

Il y a 4 heures , Maxim Fastovsky a déclaré:

Today after the announcement of Paris 2024 and LA 2028 more came out about 2026 Winter Games with some speculations that USA might try to bid for those as well (in either Salt Lake City or Denver)

Honestly i feel like it's a big mistake, we already have 2028 Olympics AND 2026 FIFA World Cup (only competition is Morocco)

Honnestly, if no european city manages to reach the final bidding stage like in 2022, it will be for anyone not called Almaty to take. Might not be a bad idea actually.

I believe, we will see a french bid for the WOG possibly as early as 2034 or most likely 2038 (my personnal pick beeing Nice).

5 minutes ago, uk12points said:

India... would be a fantastic and exciting Olympics after 2 games in cities that have held the games before.

After the disaster behind the organization of the 2010 Commonwealth Games, I think the IOC will want to stay away from India. 

India needs to prove itself again before being in the conversation to host.

----

My guess for 2032 will be it will be a limited field as both Paris/LA games will not have been held before the bidding process begins. 

We will likely see Doha, Budapest and Baku throw their names into the ring.

Edited by intoronto

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

After the disaster behind the organization of the 2010 Commonwealth Games, I think the IOC will want to stay away from India. 

India needs to prove itself again before being in the conversation to host.

----

My guess for 2032 will be it will be a limited field as both Paris/LA games will not have been held before the bidding process begins. 

We will likely see Doha, Budapest and Baku throw their names into the ring.

I still think the IOC would rather go for India than Doha or Baku (India doesn't quite carry the controversy associated with the other 2). Budapest rumoured to be hosting 2023 Youth Olympics so if that goes well they could be in with a shout for 2032.