website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 & 2028 Bid Process

mrv86

9 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, I can understand why Qatar will not host the Olympics anytime soon. But it's time for the IOC to promote big changes, or we will see Qatar rising as a potential host if no other place wants to host the Games. I believe Azerbaijan would go crazy if they had a real shot of hosting the Olympics (they have the money, for sure), and I guess the members of the IOC probably see Azerbaijan as a less awkward host, but you never know. 

Azerbaijan could host tomorrow... but the IOC seems to favour the big names (Almaty would have won 2022 if that weren't the case) or ones that have a really compelling story. Azerbaijan does not check of either, and if there is another bid they will likely lose.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that it's the wrong post, btw, Germany unreveil a 13 city project for host the 2032 Olympics

Olympic sports have been assigned to the 13 cities in Germany ©RROC

I actually feel that it's a pretty good bid. You can go from Düsseldorf to most of those cities in an hour or less, and I'm guessing these kinds of bids are gonna be the future of the games (which is a bit sad, but I believe it's necessary to get more interest in bidding).

But there's a long way to go, but it will surely be interesting to follow.

This is a very solid concept. For the 2015 Pan American games there were 17 cities with venues and the distances were further spread a part. Transporation was an issue but overall the games were a success. Considering some venues are 2 hours away for Tokyo 2020, this seems like a normal concept now.

• 2 weeks later...
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Gianlu33:

A deal has been reached for Paris to host the 2024 Olympic Games ad Los Angeles will host the 2024 Olympics Games

Great news, i think we can be sure that Trump will be gone by 2028 (of course it only matters if the US/world stille exists by then). I would have clearly preferred any ways and i am pretty sure that those will be my first olympics in person, considering that the next 3 olympics will be in Asia. I think Paris will be an amazing host. They basically have all the facilities for cycling (beautiful Velodrome), team sports and many more sports. Cycling, marathon, archery and equestrian (jumping) at the Champs-Elysees will be breathtaking. Hopefully triathlon and maybe canoeing, rowing or open water swimming will take place in the Seine.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.