Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Dunadan

2024 and 2028 Olympic Games Host Cities Election

Dunadan    38

A summary of what happened until now:

Five candidate cities were announced by the International Olympic Committee on 16 September 2015: Budapest, Hamburg, Los Angeles, Paris and Rome. Hamburg withdrew its bid 29 November 2015 after holding a referendum.Rome withdrew its bid on 21 September 2016 citing fiscal difficulties. On 22 February 2017, Budapest withdrew its bid after a petition against the bid collected more signatures than necessary for a referendum. The final two candidate cities, Los Angeles and Paris, remain under consideration until the IOC's decision is announced 13 September 2017.

The IOC Executive Board met in Lausanne, Switzerland to discuss the 2024 and 2028 bid processes on 9 June 2017. The International Olympic Committee has formally proposed electing the 2024 and 2028 Olympic host cities at the same time this year. The proposal should be approved by an Extraordinary IOC Session on 11-12 July, 2017 in Lausanne.

Today's approved proposal:

44a4ba759c2144058bc19d022ded141f.jpg

The sites of the candidatures:

http://www.paris2024.org/en

https://la24.org/home

Bohemia    113

Thank you for creating this thread :thumbup:

Now I hope LA will agree to host the 2028 Games and we can "have" 2024 :fingers:

Dolby    120
5 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Thank you for creating this thread :thumbup:

Now I hope LA will agree to host the 2028 Games and we can "have" 2024 :fingers:

Don't worry. Even IOC would prefer Paris 2024, 100 years since Paris last hosted Olympics

bestmen    392

LOL but you can't vote for your own country and they will find one system of percentage something like that 

dcro    965

Main talk today seemed to be about technicalities actually. Whether this can be done without changing the Olympic charter and what would the "Swiss lawyers" say about that. :d interestingly, 1924 and 1928 Olympic were also jointly awarded!

Edited by dcro

Bohemia    113
10 minutes ago, bestmen said:

LOL but you can't vote for your own country and they will find one system of percentage something like that 

Yes that's better :d 

Bohemia    113
3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Main talk today seemed to be about technicalities actually. Whether this can be done without changing the Olympic charter and what would the "Swiss lawyers" say about that. :d interestingly, 1924 and 1928 Olympic were also jointly awarded!

Wow I didn't know this! I thought it was the first time it happened

Federer91    179

They should never award more than one Games at a single campaign. But they would, it's known since last year, so yeah...

Agger    136
23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

They should never award more than one Games at a single campaign. But they would, it's known since last year, so yeah...

I'm sorry, but I see it as the absolutely right decision. It gives the necessary time to consider what to do now. We're in a bit of a crisis when it comes to bidding.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this