website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2017 - 2018

Gianlu33

12 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

It was (sadly), and then it shouldn't matter if it's the 1st or last minute of a game. 

if we strictly look at the rules, we can say that the penalty that decided the match was "generously" given, but still there's a little contact beteween Benatia and the Real's player (I don't remember who was him)...

If I were the ref, I'd never give a penalty like that...not to Real Madrid as any other team, not in the 1st nor in 50th mnute of a game, but even more not in the last 5/10 minutes, when such a decisive whistle must be done if and only the infraction is so big to be beyond any reasonable doubt for any really neutral spectator...

but luckily I'm not a ref...:lol::whistle:

but for sure, especially in that particular moment of the game, that penalty was against the spirit of the Sport, against all the unwritten rules of every discipline and competition (it's not completely true -and it's emotionally not acceptable- that the same accident must be sanctioned in the same way in the first and in the last minute)...

the first of these rules is: "let the players decide their game"...and yesterday night it didn't happen for sure...

p.s. and not because I'm a little biased, but I'm fully convinced that the other way round, the ref's decision would have been completely different (just look at how many yellow cards the Juventus players got, meanwhile the only guy in white to be sanctioned is Marcelo -and he got his yellow card at his 10th foul, just a few minutes before the end of regulation)...

but we all know that when it comes down to UEFA football, those white jackets play with different rules...with their rules...:whistle::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

12 ore fa, MHSN ha scritto:

Yeah, exactly. the same for me.

but after all. certain teams always benefit from the refs.

well done Juve. but they should go for the 4th goal with shitty Real defense instead of parking the bus and waiting for the extra time.

that's exactly what I thought last night while watching the game...that's the capital mistake they did...they should have gone for the bleeding throat of an almost dying Real when they still had some enrgy left in the tank and not lay back waiting for ET or even just for another favourable episode (like Navas' mistake on the 3rd goal)...

2 hours ago, phelps said:

but even more not in the last 5/10 minutes, when such a decisive whistle must be done if and only the infraction is so big to be beyond any reasonable doubt for any really neutral spectator...

The minute in which an infraction is made really should have 0 impact on whether or not a penalty is given. It's not like a referee should say "ah you know what? Normally I'd give a penalty if this happened 15 minutes earlier, but now it would be too bad for team A, so forget it". 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Can anyone tell me where this "real always gets favored by uefa refs" is coming from? And please don't say Bayern last year, because that real only won because of the ref is one of the biggest lies in modern football 

37 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Can anyone tell me where this "real always gets favored by uefa refs" is coming from? And please don't say Bayern last year, because that real only won because of the ref is one of the biggest lies in modern football 

i won't speak about bayern match as long as u see it normal , but why every time Real plays against any team there has to be somsone from the opponent to be sent off , bayern last year Vidal and Martinez then Juventus in the final Cuardado , this year Verati with PSG and Juventus Dybala and buffon , Ramos , Cacemeiro , Marcelo those guys are always booked in Liga especially Ramos Mr red Cards , but here in Uefa nothing 

Edited by thepharoah

• 2 weeks later...

good luck reds

ROMA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Liverpool: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Fazio, Jesus, Strootman, De Rossi, Nainggolan, Cengiz, Kolarov, Dzeko.

Subs: Skorupski, Peres, Pellegrini, Perotti, Gonalons, Schick, El Shaarawy.

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Team to play Roma: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Ings, Solanke.