website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2017

Federer91

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Slovak team Boris Makoev, Elbrus Chatkoev, Mykola Bolotnyuk, Tamas Soos... this is probably the only sport withouth natralizing limits in our country :d ofc there Anastasiya Kuzmina in Biathlon or Erin Lawless and Kristi Toliver in womens basketball..but our wrestling is clearly in top..and it´s not like this sport has no traditions here or something, Jozef Lohyňa is still considered as a legend and iconic sportperson here, but nowadays it´s a easier way to engage a ready-made foreigners (like István Lévai or David Musulbes in 2008)  than work with a local talent I guess, which is pretty sad though

9 hours ago, dareza said:

what is you opinion about entry list?

@MHSN

from what I see, with the exception of Russia the rest are sending their A team, few retired after the Olympics which is normal but in general the level is quite good.

Russia is sending Yargyin tournament winners here, some of their top guys like Sadullaev took rest after the olympics, their team is still very good but not stellar as it used to be.

9 hours ago, dareza said:

With a few omissions, our team is pretty much as expected. The big loss is going to be our Olympic bronze medalist Elitsa Yankova, who is still injured. :( Her place takes a new girl, who i see has won titles in the junior level and is said to be a big talent. The other absences are world champion Elis Guri and silver medalist Vladimir Dubov. For him i know he is injured, but no idea why Guri isn't in the team.

Debut for our team will make a naturalized egyptian Tarek Abdelslam. I saw an interview with him and for the few months he is here and has trained, he has learned a very good bulgarian, i was impressed. Looked like a very modest kid, definately i'm a fan. Let's see how he does. The team is with old and some new faces, so i'll be mildly optimistic about the titles/medals.