website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World League 2017

VolleyRuller96

On 17.06.2017 г. at 00:08, Gianlu33 said:

Finally we back to win, maybe we can have again chance to stay in World League 1st division..

Relax, even if you end up last, FIVB will probably change the format again to keep you with the elite, like they did with Russia.

volleyball organisation announced(not officially) new format for next year for world league(16 teams - 12 teams will have permanent status for 7 years) and couple of invited teams. slovenia arent amongst them:yikes::mad:  we are second team in europe and just won world second league

1 hour ago, mihamiha said:

volleyball organisation announced(not officially) new format for next year for world league(16 teams - 12 teams will have permanent status for 7 years) and couple of invited teams. slovenia arent amongst them:yikes::mad:  we are second team in europe and just won world second league

Which teams will have the permanent status and why the hell for 7 years??? And which teams will be invited? Netherlands finished top 15 last three years, but is not on the list. If for example The Netherlands and Slovenia doesn't have the chance to collect points for the World Ranking, there is - in the new Qualification procedure for the OG - no chance for the Netherlands and Slovenia (and many others) to qualify. It's a shame FIVB!!! 

Thank you, thank you very much :old: :roflmao:

A closed system, shoking, not... 7 years of course is absurd, actually the whole format is absurd, but that has become a tradition with the League. France were shit for 10 years and weren't on the map and who is to say that another team won't have a slump too. But hey they have are a big name (market), we will keep them forever, who cares about strenght.

If i had to guess the 12 would be - Brazil, Russia, USA, Poland, France, Italy, Serbia, Argentina, Iran, Canada, probably us or Japan or Germany..

And of Course, FiVB just HAD to push J$p$n into the group of non-relega ting teams :lol: after all they are world class team, not some amateurs from Slovenia  or Germany :lol:

Honestly, if this passes, I am done with the World League (or "12 teams only" league) farce starting next year

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

1 hour ago, George_D said:

To be fair World League should have 16 teams and another 16 the second division and 2 teams to be relegated/advance between them

Okay, I am all in for 16 teams in all three divisions, but the teams who would be promoted to first group should be Germany, Slovenia, Australia and maybe another european team to try and keep the level. Not Japan and China. This looks just like a money grab by FIVB. I am not saying this current sistem is good, (mostly because of half-empty stadiums during matches - i dont get it why FIVB changed the system after 2015  either) but is still much better than the proposed one. The World League already seems not so prestigious as few years ago. But if this system comes to life... :(

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

D-day for us. Is either winning and F6 or losing and nothing.

Sad to see if we qualify we'll 99%sure eliminate Stephan Antiga's Canada though :(