website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World League 2017

VolleyRuller96

I swear 47 45 is soooooo unlikely?!

Only similar thing I've seen is when John Isner and Nicolas Mahut played a tennis match at Wimbledon that went to 70 games to 68 in the 5th set. But they were both very good at serving and not great at returning, making the chance of winning alternating games more likely.

Compared to other sports:

Winning a badminton set 43-41 (They have a limit if 30 points, so if it is 29-29 it is the deciding point, but it is a rare occurence)

Winning a table tennis set 33-31?!!? :lol:

Winning a penalty shootout e.g. in football or hockey in the 23rd round of sudden death?!!?!? :yikes:

Or winning a golf tournament in a playoff at the 23rd playoff hole?! (A golf course usually only has 18 holes)

Ok I'm done and so are Venezuela, they completely gave up the last game lost it and the match in like 5 minutes :lol::lol::lol: oh dear

Edited by Melonade

15 minutes ago, Melonade said:

Netherlands beat Egypt in 5 set comeback to go from 6th to 2nd in Group (top 4 qualify) :yes

The Netherlands played very, very bad in the first two sets. After those two lost sets it was a pretty good level. I think they underestimated the Egyptians.

Well, Netherlands is 2nd now in the poule. It won't be easy, but hopefully they will qualify for the Final Four. 

Well it's a good thing I was not at home 90%of the weekend and was only able to follow livescores :d i probably would smash the television from emotions if I watched live :d at least we beat Canada

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Okay so apparently there was a volleyball set that ended 87-85 in the Czechoslovakia League in 1979. :yikes::yikes::yikes::wacko:

But it's hard to find evidence of it, according to http://www.volleyball-movies.net/fanclubs/discussion/the-longest-set-in-the-history-of-volleyball-329

63-61 happened in the German League (I don't know when) and 54-52 happened in Italian Serie A in 2002 and between Athens and Thessaloniki in 2007.

But in the 1970s/80s, a normal set e.g. 25-20 would last over an hour. So 87-85...!??!!

:wacko::wacko::lol: