website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

MHSN

1 hour ago, AlFHg said:

I hope Italy will play on 14, so I will be able to see at least one match :cheer:

Italy will play on Monday and Tuesday, despite the fact that a different order of matches was written in the original schedule 

http://japan2018.fivb.com/en/schedule#/d20181014

35 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

In view of the world preolympics things are going very bad for Italy and very well for Serbia. For Italy the only chances to take part to that tournament are winning the world championship or hosting it :wall:

Serbia (1-6 at WCH) and Russia (8th at WCH) qualify for the first OQT1. Russia only because of their points from the World Cup 2015 (a shame!!). At all great tournaments Netherlands finished higher (OG 4-5, VNL 5-8, WCH ?-8 and ECH (2-7). Only because of this stupid World Cuptournament Russia earns a spot in the OQT1. Thank you FIVB.

Netherlands only has a chance if Serbia/Netherlands will become world champion or Russia/Serbia organizes the OQT1. Or a wildcard, but I presume Turkey (if not organizing) or Poland gets the wildcard.

Anyone who knows where OQT will take place? China?

22 minuti fa, CCB ha scritto:

Serbia (1-6 at WCH) and Russia (8th at WCH) qualify for the first OQT1. Russia only because of their points from the World Cup 2015 (a shame!!). At all great tournaments Netherlands finished higher (OG 4-5, VNL 5-8, WCH ?-8 and ECH (2-7). Only because of this stupid World Cuptournament Russia earns a spot in the OQT1. Thank you FIVB.

Netherlands only has a chance if Serbia/Netherlands will become world champion or Russia/Serbia organizes the OQT1. Or a wildcard, but I presume Turkey (if not organizing) or Poland gets the wildcard.

Anyone who knows where OQT will take place? China?

It isn’t defined yet, and I think it will decided after the end of the Wch for both men and women. Personally I don’t think China will host any of them. Rather, I would bet 1 euro for the men’s tournament being held in Canada and the women’s one in Europe (Italy, Netherlands, maybe Turkey but I really won’t like that). As far as I know, no wild cards are given.

Edited by AlFHg

Reflecting better on that, Canada shouldn’t be a good choice, as it is already qualified and I think FIVB will try to give the OQT to best ranked nations still non qualified, so I think Europe again as the most probable host. Poland should be the highest in rank, if I remember well

3 hours ago, AlFHg said:

It isn’t defined yet, and I think it will decided after the end of the Wch for both men and women. Personally I don’t think China will host any of them. Rather, I would bet 1 euro for the men’s tournament being held in Canada and the women’s one in Europe (Italy, Netherlands, maybe Turkey but I really won’t like that). As far as I know, no wild cards are given.

Indeed, no wildcards. 5 continents (2 places), world champion and host country. Hopefully 3 (or 4) European countries will qualify for the Olympics, before the last European qualification tournament. Would be a shame when less than 4 countries from Europe qualify.

Would be nice if this year's world champion comes from Europe and/or the OQT1 will be held in Europe. 

On 11.10.2018. at 16:30, CCB said:

Japan picked Serbia, because the injury of Boskovic. But nice matches for our team :NED. Now they finally have to show what they can. But however, it's already very nice we reached the Final Six.

And Boskovic just destroyed them :(

39 minutes ago, dareza said:

And Boskovic just destroyed them :(

Very happy with that. Hopefully it became clear for Japan that in the end prizes can't be bought. They should have placed themselves in a poule with Netherlands. Then they had a really good chance to reach the semis.