website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

Still amazed that Germany wasnt able to qualify for this considering how many garbage teams managed to qualify. With a decent format this world cup would last 2 weeks at most and the teams could even get some rest in between games.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Il 24/9/2018 Alle 15:32, thepharoah ha scritto:

I think it'd have been better if we didn't have this 3rd Rd and top of each group just qualify automatically to Semis , at least we wouldn't have those useless matches yesterday

to me, the only reasonable format with 24 teams is 4 groups of 6, with the top 4 advancing to a direct elimination table draw from round of 16 to the final...

those intermediate round robin rounds are just senseless...and when you have to go to a repechage between teams that didn't play against each other, it's really unfair, too...

moreover, I don't know why Japan (hosting the women's worlds in a few days) could say to the FIVB "no, we'll never use that fuc*in' format", meanwhile Italy and Bugaria had to accept that sh*t...:facepalm::wall:

hace 2 horas, OlympicsFan said:

Still amazed that Germany wasnt able to qualify for this considering how many garbage teams managed to qualify. With a decent format this world cup would last 2 weeks at most and the teams could even get some rest in between games.

You didn't qualify because Grozer didn't play the qualifiers vs Belgium and Germany is very weak whenever he doesn't play.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

to me, the only reasonable format with 24 teams is 4 groups of 6, with the top 4 advancing to a direct elimination table draw from round of 16 to the final...

those intermediate round robin rounds are just senseless...and when you have to go to a repechage between teams that didn't play against each other, it's really unfair, too...

moreover, I don't know why Japan (hosting the women's worlds in a few days) could say to the FIVB "no, we'll never use that fuc*in' format", meanwhile Italy and Bugaria had to accept that sh*t...:facepalm::wall:

I think because this system doesn't fit women's volleyball like men , people won't be really interested to see all these no. of matches in women side like men and it will be really tiring for female teams to play 12 matches in almost 20 days 

9 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I think because this system doesn't fit women's volleyball like men , people won't be really interested to see all these no. of matches in women side like men and it will be really tiring for female teams to play 12 matches in almost 20 days 

The formula for women is almost identical. The difference is that in the 2nd round there will be 2 pools of 8 teams instead of 4 pools of 4. Top teams will play 13 matches.