website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

And now an other confusion :rofl:

The french federation actually believes that's the number of points who will determine who go through the third round (ant not the the number of victories first).

I believe they are wrong, but still. How can an international federation set up a competition that creates so much confusion ?

18 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

And now an other confusion :rofl:

The french federation actually believes that's the number of points who will determine who go through the third round (ant not the the number of victories first).

I believe they are wrong, but still. How can an international federation set up a competition that creates so much confusion ?

Sorry, but imo this is a pathetic attempt by the French Federation to blame the FIVB in case of elimination. The number of victories is the first criterion in all FIVB tournaments, it's written in their regulations, and everyone can find this info in a few seconds.

That's not the point...

Juste maintenant , Dunadan a déclaré:

Sorry, but imo this is a pathetic attempt by the French Federation to blame the FIVB in case of elimination. The number of victories is the first criterion in all FIVB tournaments, it's written in their regulations, and everyone can find this info in a few seconds.

It's not an attempt of anything (as it won't change anything). It's just plain stupidity. I think that's the part why they believe so

Citation

At the end of the second round matches, the rankings of the four pools will be drawn up taking into account the points scored by each team in the first and second rounds. The four pool-winning teams of the second stage will access the third stage, together with the top two of the second ranked teams.

http://italy-bulgaria2018.fivb.com/en/competition/formula

It the third time we have people that should know better misunderstanding the rules. How is that even possible ?  How come the international federation is not even capable to make it crystal clear to NTs, federations, medias ?

Edited by De_Gambassi

36 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's not an attempt of anything (as it won't change anything).

France would be better off if points counted before victories, imo they would even have a chance to advance with only 5 victories and 18 points in total.

46 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It the third time we have people that should know better misunderstanding the rules. How is that even possible ?  How come the international federation is not even capable to make it crystal clear to NTs, federations, medias ?

FIVB is incompetent, but for me now everyone is exaggerating in trying to promote their interests (or maybe they are just very stupid, I don't know). 10 days ago I heard Velasco complaining because all results was carried over and now I read here that after the loss against Japan, Argentinians claimed that they didn't know that they had to win :dunno:

Anyway it looks like FIVB sent a letter to all teams 2 days ago because some of them asked to clarify, so now there is no more room for misunderstandings. The guy who took this pic is not very tech-savvy but it is readable and point 1. is clear: " the first point of the Team classification criteria for all FIVB competitions  is the number of victories "

Spoiler

PHOTO-2018-09-18-23-04-48.jpg

hace 9 minutos, Dunadan said:

FIVB is incompetent, but for me now everyone is exaggerating in trying to promote their interests (or maybe they are just very stupid, I don't know). 10 days ago I heard Velasco complaining because all results was carried over and now I read here that after the loss against Japan, Argentinians claimed that they didn't know that they had to win 

From what I can understand from our team, during the tournament someone (I assume some FIVB officer or FEVA officer) told them otherwise. As I told before, during the match the press officer from FEVA (who has direct communication with players) was doing commentary in our tv and he spoke as if the match didn't matter beyond winning 2 sets. Then I tweeted to this guy who in turn (after getting angry with me) messaged the players and said that they were in "bewilderment" about this. 

If this was all fake, then they are very good actors tbh.

Ps. Luciano de Cecco blocked me on  Twitter because of this loooool. I can't believe a player of his status would be so touchy about some random comments on social media.

48 minutes ago, LDOG said:

From what I can understand from our team, during the tournament someone (I assume some FIVB officer or FEVA officer) told them otherwise. As I told before, during the match the press officer from FEVA (who has direct communication with players) was doing commentary in our tv and he spoke as if the match didn't matter beyond winning 2 sets. Then I tweeted to this guy who in turn (after getting angry with me) messaged the players and said that they were in "bewilderment" about this. 

If this was all fake, then they are very good actors tbh.

Ps. Luciano de Cecco blocked me on  Twitter because of this loooool. I can't believe a player of his status would be so touchy about some random comments on social media.

I hope the argentinian players are very angry and win every match in the group. :p

I hate admitting it, but FIFA is definitely better when organizing tournaments. Even FIBA is becoming smarter, even if, at least in Europe, we have this thing of carrying points from round to round. 

Edited by AlFHg