website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

15 hours ago, LDOG said:

I send you a PM.

It was really infuriating to watch the tv and hear this guy saying "well, we lost but it doesn't matter because it won't count and we qualified and it's all positive! lalalala".

I almost punched the screen right there (yes, I have problems when I watch this sport).

Anyway, one position more or less in the final ranking... it really doesn't matter, our team is very bad.

They think that every critisism is just trolling. Also,they cant stand that regular fan can know something they dont. 

I can understand your reaction. :thumbup:

il y a 48 minutes, Dunadan a déclaré:

FIVB site always said: "The four pool-winning teams of the second stage will access the third stage, together with the top two of the second ranked teams." (http://italy-bulgaria2018.fivb.com/en/competition/formula,and in the picture you can read "1st place + two best 2nd advance"). For me the part that I quoted was media speculation.

Something that was written only in italian medias I may add.

Even for the very low FIVB standards, such a move would have been called for what it would have been : a scam. 

21 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Something that was written only in italian medias I may add.

Even for the very low FIVB standards, such a move would have been called for what it would have been : a scam. 

Not only in Italy. I have heard some people here also say, that it would be one second team from the Bulgarian groups and one second team from the Italian groups. Guestt that is no true after all.

Juste maintenant , Federer91 a déclaré:

Not only in Italy. I have heard some people here also say, that it would be one second team from the Bulgarian groups and one second team from the Italian groups. Guestt that is no true after all.

Fine, my Bulgarian is quite poor :d

TBH,I find it quite incredible that such a unethical policy could even be considered and talked among volleyball fans without creating some kind of uproar.  

24 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

That was true. that was the original plan. I remember reading that somewhere in FIVB website but they changed it long time ago. now all their documents just say two best 2nd placed teams.

19 hours ago, LDOG said:

Lol remember how I joked that maybe our players didn't know that all results are carried to next round? Well, it seems they really didn't know! Someone had told them that it was only results against qualified teams!  

Even the press secretary of our federation (who also does commentary for the broadcast in our tv) didn't know, and he just realised when I tweeted him telling that (also he got angry because I called him a moron :d).

The Dutch players also didn't knew that all results were carried to the next round. Our press secretary of our federation didn't knew it either. In Dutch media we now have 5 points, Russia 4, Finland 1 and Italy 9. They apparently still don't know. :dunno: (FIVB XXXXXXXX)

4 hours ago, Nate River said:

Why does the FIVB always come up with the worst formats? Why not just have, I duno, a knockout round after the second group stage?

i agree.really strange format.we will play belgium once again.i dont undestand people there who make those rules

Juste maintenant , mihamiha a déclaré:

i agree.really strange format.we will play belgium once again.i dont undestand people there who make those rules

Making the most of the existing tiny volleyball fanbase, excluding everyone else.

A brillant long term strategy.