website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Lol remember how I joked that maybe our players didn't know that all results are carried to next round? Well, it seems they really didn't know! Someone had told them that it was only results against qualified teams!  

Even the press secretary of our federation (who also does commentary for the broadcast in our tv) didn't know, and he just realised when I tweeted him telling that (also he got angry because I called him a moron :d).

Would be interesting to see that conversation. :)

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

I predict we lose 3-0 to FRA & POL and 3-1 to SRB  (because somehow we always get a set from them).

Your team will be without pressure now and the will be very tough opponent. Im sure that you will win one point at least :d

13 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I predict we lose 3-0 to FRA & POL and 3-1 to SRB  (because somehow we always get a set from them).

Argentina beat USA 4 years ago in the same situation and eliminated USA (and sent Iran to final six instead) so I'm not so sure :d. but this is a bad thing that some teams with 3 defeats are already eliminated even before 2nd round starts.

I know this format is no good but at least all teams had to take all matches seriously . and we had some very interesting matches only because of that.

hace 18 minutos, ChandlerMne said:

Would be interesting to see that conversation. :)

I send you a PM.

It was really infuriating to watch the tv and hear this guy saying "well, we lost but it doesn't matter because it won't count and we qualified and it's all positive! lalalala".

I almost punched the screen right there (yes, I have problems when I watch this sport).

Anyway, one position more or less in the final ranking... it really doesn't matter, our team is very bad.

7 ore fa, George_D ha scritto:

it seems we go for final Italy vs USA

I would wait for saying that Italy is going to final. We have faced mid level teams and in some cases we were distracted, so the real test starts now. Only Slovenia, whose level is rising up and up again was nearly a top team ( Giani :bowdown:). Italian team is definitely one with great talent, but what happened right now is just what should have happened. Usually when the ball becomes harder and hotter, Italian teams fail, (especially women’s volleyball team). However, I really hope you are right :champion:

https://www.oasport.it/2018/09/volley-mondiali-2018-cambia-il-regolamento-della-seconda-fase-novita-sulle-seconde-classificate-chi-si-qualifica-alla-final-six/

According to OASport, rules for qualifying for Final Six changed in part. In fact, it was previous decided that to qualify at final six were the winners of the four pools of the second phase, plus the best second placed in the Italian part AND the best second placed in Bulgarian part. Now, it looks like that the two best second teams will be qualified to final six, regardless of where they played in the second phase.

41 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

plus the best second placed in the Italian part AND the best second placed in Bulgarian part. 

FIVB site always said: "The four pool-winning teams of the second stage will access the third stage, together with the top two of the second ranked teams." (http://italy-bulgaria2018.fivb.com/en/competition/formula,and in the picture you can read "1st place + two best 2nd advance"). For me the part that I quoted was media speculation.