website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

3 hours ago, CCB said:

Well, I was wrong yesterday. I truly never believed that Netherlands could win against France. I feel sorry for Egypt, they play nice volleybal and would have chances to go through when they wouldn't have played in this insane group B. 

In the Netherlands they say that only the results against Brazil, France and Canada will count in the second round. When they finish second in the second round, then all results will count to determine the best numbers two.

Very complicated system :d

3 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Why does volleyball need to have such a bullshit format at world championships? :lol:

What's wrong with X groups and the best Y teams per group go to the knock out stage?

I've always wondered it. The only answer I could get is that they want to play everyday and in this way the world championships would be too short.

I'm still not sure, what would be the best situation for our team. Beating Poland is a guarantee to keep the wins for the next round. But on which position to finish is the question. :d Can't make up my mind for who to root in the Poland - Iran match. 

Poland with the 3:0, for which i'm highly surprised. Expected a tougher match. Tomorrow will be a blood-bath. Even the attendance will be 50-50 with the big polish crowds that are in Varna. :d It would be an explosive match for sure. A 3:1 for us will get us the first place.