website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, George_D said:

Iran can be in semifinals

nah :d I wish so but that's not realistic. we could be in semifinal 4 years ago but we blew our chance against a team weaker than us (Germany)

I'm glad with these two wins but I know our level. there are 5-6 teams much stronger in the competition. a top 6 finish will be fantastic. but let's finish the 1st round first.

This picture shows two Brazilian players showing the numbers 7 and 1 with their fingers, and this has been attributed to supporting presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro (voting number 17) in the upcoming presidential elections.

The catch is: Bolsonaro is very outspoken against LGBT people (besides being openly racist and misogynistic). There are black players on the team (one of the two players showing support is black) and, historically, volleyball has been considered the favorite sport of gay males in Brazil (and we have plenty of rumors about closeted gay players on the national team).

The national volleyball federation decided to forbid any political manifestations after the picture was taken, but the damage is too big to cover it up now.

All I want now is that this team loses all of the matches. Bunch of retards.

15369600965b9c266043407_1536960096_3x2_md.jpg

Edited by thiago_simoes

hace 10 minutos, thiago_simoes said:

This picture shows two Brazilian players showing the numbers 7 and 1 with their fingers, and this has been attributed to supporting presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro (voting number 17) in the upcoming presidential elections.

Most wealthy people support him, it's no surprise.

1 minuto atrás, LDOG disse:

Most wealthy people support him, it's no surprise.

Not exactly. "Traditional" wealthy people support Geraldo Alckmin or even João Amoedo (a bank owner). Bolsonaro is supported by those who are racist, misogynistic and against LGBT people. He is pro-military and many people mask their prejudices by saying they support him because he supports the military, but this is bullshit. These people just want black people to remain poor, women to remain as servants inside of their own houses and LGBT people to die. Brazil can be an extremely disgusting place sometimes, and now even our sports teams are utterly disgusting...

39 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The catch is: Bolsonaro is very outspoken against LGBT people (besides being openly racist and misogynistic). There are black players on the team (one of the two players showing support is black) and, historically, volleyball has been considered the favorite sport of gay males in Brazil (and we have plenty of rumors about closeted gay players on the national team).

As far as I'm concerned, there are three gay players in the team (two of them are quite open about this in their instagram accounts), so it's sad to see them playing with openly homophobic guys. Maurício Souza has said in the past thay being gay is "not normal" among other disgraceful remarks. William Arjona JUST joked about a gay kiss in one of our telenovelas (it's funny that he's at the World Championship and STILL has time to worry about a harmless kiss).

So while I want to support the team (it's Brazil after all), I can't get much excited about them - in any competition really (I didn't even care about the Olympic gold other than a thing that helped us at the medal table). On the other hand, I want to support some of the guys. It's a strange feeling, something that I can't get my head around, but probably one of the reasons I cheer much more for our women's team.

53 minutos atrás, thiago_simoes disse:

The national volleyball federation decided to forbid any political manifestations after the picture was taken, but the damage is too big to cover it up now.

All I want now is that this team loses all of the matches. Bunch of retards.

In Facebook's volleyball groups, which is mostly composed of LGBT people, people were disgusted by it, of course, but it seems like it did not stop there. At Instagram, some people supported what they did and they gave children's phrases like "É melhor Jair se acostumando" in the Mauricio Souza case.

William also caused a controversy over the gay kiss on television, said television could pass this, but could not talk about the "gay book" or whatever it was they wanted to "introduce into schools." People have complained, he invented an excuse that said this because there is no gay kiss, because gay kiss is normal like any other, bla bla bla, no one fell of course.

The reputation of the national team has fallen long after that, indeed.

Edited by hoversaBR

27 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

As far as I'm concerned, there are three gay players in the team (two of them are quite open about this in their instagram accounts), so it's sad to see them playing with openly homophobic guys. Maurício Souza has said in the past thay being gay is "not normal" among other disgraceful remarks. William Arjona JUST joked about a gay kiss in one of our telenovelas (it's funny that he's at the World Championship and STILL has time to worry about a harmless kiss).

So while I want to support the team (it's Brazil after all), I can't get much excited about them - in any competition really (I didn't even care about the Olympic gold other than a thing that helped us at the medal table). On the other hand, I want to support some of the guys. It's a strange feeling, something that I can't get my head around, but probably one of the reasons I cheer much more for our women's team.

is Bruno among those 3? :d